“good”
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #15 of 211 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Trident Cochin is older property, away from city centre. Helpful and attentive staff. OK-sized rooms. Comfortable bed.Food of good quality, but i feel it is overpriced for the size of portions from a la carte menu. Overpriced internet is the major drawback. It is not luxury item any longer. But Trident owners are not grasping it in general.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a memorable stay

I have noted your feedback on the internet in the room being expensive. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the internet in the hotel is an outsourced service, which entails high infrastructural costs, and the service is hence chargeable.

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Trident is my favorite place to stay in India. The rooms are immaculate and modern and the food is outstanding. Service is best I have experienced and I have traveled fairly extensively. Would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sheila m
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a memorable stay

Our greatest award lies in the knowledge that your stay was satisfactory and all our efforts are aimed in that direction. It is indeed our pleasure in fulfilling a guest’s needs, especially by providing a comfortable and relaxing experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and good size rooms. Good choice of food at breakfast. The staff is specially helpful if you have kids. It's good value for money. Will definitely stay here again. Only drawback is that hotel is not close to the beach side.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We traveled all over India the past 2 1/2 weeks and stayed in six different hotels. The Trident, by far, out shined any other hotel experience. The staff greeted my daughter and I and were most helpful with everything. The rooms were clean, the beds were excellent, the bathroom was fantastic. We indulged in The Spa and had a wonderful morning massage. We were close to shopping and sight seeing. The hotel arrange a car/driver for us to see some of the historic sights of Cochin. The food was marvelous. The hotel staff also helped my daughter put on a sari! I hope we get to return to Cochin and stay again at the Trident. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Kerala.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel was not the most modern, but was still very comfortable and stylistic. I was very impressed with the staff and their eagerness to assist throughout the day. (Almost too eager at times)

Breakfast was excellent, and I would fully recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is not fantastic, but it is very easy to get a ferry to vypin or fort kochi island

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the Trident Cochin in October 2013. It is a small hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast selection was fairly good. Comfortable bed. Average size room. Nice pool.

Bathroom floor ends up with water all over when you have a shower. Shower head needs cleaning. Smoking room had no ashtray. Stain on bedspread and not changed even on 2nd day. Sofa in the room had stains. Difficult to fing plugs for charging equipment like mobiles or cameras. Windows need to have reflective film as everyone can see inside!

Could be a good property with some renovations and attention to housekeeping.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out and writing in to share your valuable feedback.

We do appreciate hearing from you, as your comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I have noted your feedback concerning housekeeping. Allow me to assure you that we have streamlined the process entirely and you will definitely see a marked change the next time you visit us. Please do not let this experience mar your impression about Trident, Cochin.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here on our Honeymoon trip to Kerala in December 2012. Cochin, was the first of the many places we visited on our Honeymoon trip and Trident was the best among the hotels on that trip.

Excellent service, friendly staff, fabulous rooms and brilliant food that's what Trident offers!!

I still remember the dinner we had by the pool - perfect setting for a honeymoon couple.

Complimentary breakfast was too good.

Um, The hotel is a bit far from the airport. And, it took a while for us to figure out the location; though we had a local cab driver.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to provide you a stay that you still remember after a year and a half.