When choosing a hotel, I always like somewhere that is unique - and steers away from the generic - which is why I usually pick boutique hotels. (Casablanca and MAve in NYC) Malabar House is just such a place! With fantastic ambiance, the hotel is chic while retaining a culturally relevant theme. I have been making plans to go to India for the longest time, and everything about this hotel seemed to fit with the way Kerala had been portrayed to me by friends.
The food was exceptional, easily on par with some the best restaurants I have eaten in - home and abroad, offset by the traditional classical music playing live.
The gentleman who served us, Harrison, was outstanding in his professionalism and enthusiasm, despite how busy the restaurant was.
Highly recommend this hotel, especially if you enjoy somewhere with style and sophistication without the generic blandness of a chain hotel. The staff make it wonderful and the food makes you feel like you've stumbled upon a secret! LOVED it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India