Good location for exploring Fort Cochin. A great clothes shop (Anokhi) round the corner (I had been starved of shops for a couple of weeks!). We stayed in 2 rooms as we had a night on a houseboat in between. The first room was very spacious with a large terrace. The second room was smaller but entirely adequate. Interesting sculptures around the hotel. Garden area nice in the evening although food was nothing exceptional and the tables were tiny. On our second night we dined at the Old Harbour Hotel which was where I had originally wanted to stay but they were fully booked. Restaurant there was more atmospheric - the one at Malabar is rather enclosed and therefore hotter, and also seems to have a real mosquito problem which was much less noticeable at the Old Harbour. Staff pleasant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India