We were expecting great things from this Hotel. Staff were wonderful but our room faced the courtyard and the music was still going after 10.30pm. I rang and stated that we had been told it stops at 9.45pm. Guests were still eating literally just outside our room so we could here talking, laughing and the loud amplified music. Even with ear plugs we could not get to sleep. When you are travelling you need your sleep so if like us travellers ask for a quiet room. The next day we asked to move to a quiet room. It was much better. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast was good. The hotel is close to the attractions of the waterfront of Cochin. The pool was good to relax in after a steamy day of sight seeing. If the music stopped at 9pm it would be a fantastic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India