Having read the reviews of Malabar House on trip adviser I was a little apprehensive about our stay here, but it was absolutely lovely.
The rooms all seem slightly different but we had one on the ground floor with our own little courtyard garden. The room has everything you could want, but also retains the Indian style, which means you get fairly chunky bits of furniture, like the incredible wardrobes with ornate doors. The bathroom was a little ordinary but perfectly adequate. Special mention though to the bed - it was incredibly comfortable and we slept like babies.
We liked the central courtyard which housed the very welcome swimming pool and also had tables for outside dining.
We did have dinner at the hotel on one night and had been tipped off to stick with the seafood rather than the attempts at 'fusion' cooking. This tip off seems to have paid dividends because the food was delicious - yummy fish curries and grilled prawns.
So all in all, a great place to stay and we actually wish we'd returned here at the end of our trip rather than staying in the Leela in Kovalam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India