We stayed at the Malabar House for four nights, a longer stint than most and every moment of it a joy. Lucky enough to have a room upgrade we luxuriated in an upstairs suite with a gigantic bed, a writing desk, an outdoor terrace and an additional huge undercover external balcony shared with one other room. Great hotels must be distinctive and this one is in several ways, among them the menu not to mention a richly painted red wall in our bedroom. The staff are joyous, efficient and caring; the food is excellent (especially lunch and dinner); traditional music by the pool at night was sublime and the hotel location near everything of import in Fort Cochin. (It overlooks the old parade ground where the local kids play soccer as goats and cows meander around.) As with other places in Kerala, the rooms were serviced twice a day (diligently) and sweet smelling flower petals scattered on the bed at night. The Malabar House managers were elegantly friendly and attentive from beginning (a complimentary bottle of wine of our choice) right to the end (a complimentary 7pm checkout ahead of an 11pm flight - now that's something!). The pool is small but charming in its own way and an upgraded, quieter phone system would do a fabulous place even more justice. Memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malabar House is a charming boutique hotel overlooking the parade ground in the heart of Fort Cochin. The 17 highly individual rooms and suites seamlessly combine tradition and contemporary design. The Malabar House is a member of Relais & Chateaux. Malabar escapes offers the finest circuit of boutique and villa hotels in Kerala. Placed in colonial Fort Cochin, the backwaters and the plantation hills, each escape gives you a distinct experience & flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malabar House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malabar House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Malabar House Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India