The staff at Vivanta made my 60th birthday most memorable. We booked an extra night at Vivanta in February because our tour started at Kochi at the hotel. When we checked in, we had a long flight and many laid over hours so we were tired. Right from the start, welcoming staff Michelle gave us a warm greeting with a cold local drink and had us seated at this comfortable chairs with nice firm pillows to support our back. We were asked to provide our birthday and when I told Michelle my birthday, she noticed that it would be my birthday the next day. She said she would see what she could do. Since we were there early, we were asked to have lunch first. We really didn't have to check the staff for our room status. A staff came and advised me. This made us feel so relax and welcome. Then, we were told that because the hotel was booked and no room was available but since knowing that I was tired, the manager upgraded us to the best room of the hotel, the Malabar Suite, for one night. The suite was spaceous with a living room, one and a half bath room, a big bedroom with a desk, a reading nook that is totally private with a view of the lake, a balcony overlooking the garden and the pool area, and a private terrace. We felt like we were royalties. Since I had gluten sensitivity, I had to be careful with what I ate. The staff at the hotel were knowlegeable and was able to direct me to the right food. The chefs at the restaurant came out to talk to us when ate at the Rice Boat restaurant. We select the fresh fish from the display and the chef prepared the way we wanted. On my birthday, my husband secretly arranged with the restaurant manager to make me a gluten free cake and my favorite dish, fish head curry. Words had gone out about my birthday and the room boys made me a turtle with towels adorned with flowers. Every staff I met wished me a happy birthday. I had never received such attention before. The hotel offers a complimentary boat ride around the lake in the evening around 5:50 pm but be at the courtyard around 5 to have afternoon tea. Do check out the little book store/gift shop. I was able to find gifts there with reasonable price. Do try out the Rice Boat Restuarant. It serves fresh seafood brought in from local fishermen. Talk to the staff there if you like your seafood prepared in special ways. Because I am sensitive to spices, they made me just simply garlic prawns that was really delicious. When we checked out of the hotel, I was presented with a special gift for spending my 60th birthday there. We had such great memory at Vivanta that we are sure that we will go back there again, soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India