My husband and I stayed in the Deluxe Allure Suite at the Taj Malabar for two nights while we explored Cochin.
The room itself was perhaps the best room we stayed in during our two-week tour of India. The Allure Suite was very spacious with a living room, bedroom, walk-in wardrobe, and large bathroom. The room looked to have been recently renovated with very tasteful, sleek decor. The bathroom in particular was quite nice with a large shower and separate soaking tub. The suite also had a large balcony -- equipped with a table and two chairs -- overlooking the water, which made for a great place to watch sunset.
On site, the hotel had several good restaurant options. We really enjoyed our seafood dinner at the Rice Boat, which lived up to its boast of being one of the best restaurants in India. [The banana leaf fish was especially tasty!] We also enjoyed our lunch at the Chinese restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India