Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Waterfront Granary(Kochi (Cochin))
  • Breakfast included
Xandari Harbour(Kochi (Cochin))
View Hotel
Fragrant Nature Kochi(Kochi (Cochin))
View Hotel
Ayana Fort Kochi(Kochi (Cochin))
Fort House(Kochi (Cochin))
  • Breakfast included
Brunton Boatyard(Kochi (Cochin))
View Hotel
The Ballard Bungalow(Kochi (Cochin))
  • Free Internet
2,195 results
All reviewsrice boathigh teainfinity poolwillingdon islandpepper restaurantsunil panickerdolphin pointsunset cruiseevening teacorner roomboat rideheritage roomnew wingwellington islandwelcome drinkarabian seabeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I truly think that the Taj staff attached a sensor to me that allowed all the staff to know exactly who I was, which room I was staying in, and my preferences. The service is some of the best I've had and I've stayed at a lot of 5 star hotels. They upgraded me to a lovely corner room overlooking the water. The rooms are lovely and it's fun taking a shower and being able to see what is going on in the harbor. The grounds are gorgeous and they offer free afternoon tea, an hour long sunset boat trip (definitely do it), and a 30 minute dance concert (kind of boring). They also invite all new guests to a cocktail party which is lots of fun. I was traveling alone and met a bunch of people that I ended up hanging out with while I was there. The swimming pool is lovely, but was closed for renovation....a real disappointment. I had two spa treatments, both very good. I had an amazing dinner in their fish restaurant, definitely worth the extra cost for ambiance, service, and food.....all outstanding. The second night I had dinner in the chinese restaurant....ok, but not nearly as good as the first night. Breakfasts were a bit disappointing. I would have expected a bit more variety. The major drawback to the hotel is the location. It's at the end of an industrial island and you need a car to get anywhere you want to go. They do provide a ride to the ferry which goes to Fort Cochin, but it might be nice to actually provide a free shuttle. All in all a really good stay. Whoever did the peacock made of towels and decorated with rose petals on my bed deserves a gold star. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water on a high floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea S
SumanDSharma, General Manager at Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj-Malabar, Cochin!

Thank you for choosing Vivanta by Taj Malabar for your recent stay at Cochin. It was a delight to have your valuable feedback and we greatly appreciate the time you spent for posting a great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is really nice to know that your stay experience was truly memorable due to our warm and friendly services.

We profusely thank you for your valuable feedback which encourages and motivates us in creating a beyond expectation experience each time.

We certainly look forward to your return in the future, and to extending the warm Taj hospitality and great stay experience that we always strive to deliver.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

When one visits a Taj property, expectations are always high and I continue to be pleasantly surprised on how these seem always to be exceeded - our marvellous stay in Taj Vivanta Cochin did not disappoint! Located right next to the bay and sea, away but not to far from the city centre on the man made Willingdon Island, the old Rotary club property from the British Raj is full of colonial charm. All the rooms were tastefully decorated with high quality fixtures and fittings throughout. The common areas from the grounds to the lobby to the pool were spotless clean and of very high standards. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals in the Coffee Shop and Pavillion restaurants where the Thai food is to die for. Don't miss out on the high tea and magical sunset cruise generously offered complimentarily by the hotel. Above all else though, its the incredibly attentive team cultivated by General Manager Suman Sharma that sets this hotel apart and lived up to, no, exceeded our every expectation.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view, ask to stay in the Tower rooms and ask for a high floor. All the rooms are excellent though.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MUDA
SumanDSharma, General Manager at Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar Cochin!

We are very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Our endeavor is to ensure each guest is given a seamless experience.

It is very rewarding for the team to realize that their warm, professional and anticipatory service very much contributed towards your stay experience. Indeed, it is the Taj way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in our hotel for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were given a very warm welcome by the staff at Taj especially Mr. Suman GM and Mr Sunil GRM. It was such a memorable experience special care was taken right from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. The breakfast was brilliant.The pool location breath taking. The lobby was majestic. Overall A Terrific & Tasteful Taj Experience. See you soon guys.

Room Tip: Sea facing / Port Facing Rooms Best Option.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar Cochin!

We are delighted to receive your review of your wonderful stay with us.

Indeed, it is the Taj way to ensure that all our guests receive the genuine warmth and hospitality that they deserve. We are very pleased that you felt well-taken care of during your stay.

Looking forward to your continued patronage and assuring you of the very best in hospitality in the true Taj tradition, always.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had an opportunity to stay there for 4 nights in December-2013.what a fabulous stay I had at the Taj Kochi. From the moment I was met at the airport through to the point of check out, the service offered by the Taj was second to none. All of the staff were extremely friendly, helpful, welcoming, thoughtful and professional. The hotel is in a wonderful location, the food in all of the restaurants exceeded my expectations and was delicious, the pool area was relaxing and clean, and my room was extremely comfortable, bright and clean. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, the experience was wonderful and I hope to be back again next time I am in Kochi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent location, service and food - the hotel to be at! Of all the hotels I saw at Cochin, this one was by far the best! It was worth making time for the Sunset Cruise on offer too.

Mrs Rukhsana Tennyson - At Leisure Travel

Room Tip: Avoid the Standard rooms overlooking the cement factory.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SumanDSharma, General Manager at Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj Malabar Cochin!

We at Vivanta by Taj- Malabar are honored to have you stay with us.

We are happy to know that your stay with us was excellent. It was a delight to have your valuable feedback and we greatly appreciate your time you spent, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.