The Malabar has all the amenities you expect from a Taj... Great service. Several tasty restaurants (including a really nice Thai place with the best banana-coconut desert I've ever had), a beautiful outdoor infinity pool, and a nice spa. My only complaint is that the hotel is fairly distant, about 15 minutes by ric, to the for and the shopping in Jewtown.
That said, when I go back to Cochin, I will definitely stay at the Malabar again.
If you can, I recommend staying in the "historic" wing of the hotel. The rooms have a bit more character than the new tower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India