Before staying here, you need to be aware that although it is located on the water, it is in a commercial port. We like to be able to stroll out of our hotel and walk around but this hotel is a drive or a ferry ride away from any shops or places of interest . We had to change rooms as the first room was reeking of damp - in the Heritage Wing - and it took two nights to change us over. Food and drinks are at European price levels and the quality is not very good. The spa is excellent and treatments really good and worth splashing out on. The staff in general were very nice if not very efficient as they are mostly trainees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India