The Taj Malabar does great justice to its luxury property tag, its on the backwaters, on 2 sides the hotel sits on the bank of the river that meets the sea in cochin harbour. The infinity pool , cochins first offers a view of cochins sunset that is truly worthy of being on a postcard.
The resturants offer very traditional keralite cuisine with a assortment of continetal fare, they have a well stocked bar.
If you can also look at hiring the its yacht, which i did not but it looked like how the maharaja of Cochin would travel up his country if he ever wanted to. 5 rooms a cook, baths, the works. I was told you could also hire it if available for a few hours for a relaxing cruise around the backwaters.
Its a must do with the signature suites and warm staff that go out of the way to make your stay/visit a amazing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India