Fort House
US$31
US$63
US$59
  • Pool
PJ Princess Regency(Vypin Island)
US$47
US$39
Aiswarya Hotel(Ernakulam)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$24
Agoda.com
All reviewswaterfront restaurantwatching the boatsno alcoholcall to prayerthe chinese fishing netsprawnscharming hotelstayed here for nightsjew townsmall hoteltravel deskfirst stopappamclean roomsjettyfortharbour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Good hotel in fairly quiet spot, just a short walk from the centre and very near the ferry to Ernakulum. If you arrive by train it is worth getting an autorickshaw to the ferry stop and paying just 5 rupees or so to go to Fort Cochin. Staff were generally friendly, though some of the restaurant staff were less good, and the room was comfortable, although we were adjacent to the road. Would recommend being a bit nearer the water, perhaps, although we didn't find it noisy. The restaurant is set onto and alongside a jetty. Despite the view of cranes and the odd large ship or tanker, this was actually fascinating and a lovely spot, eating by the water. Food was a little more expensive than some places, but much better quality than the dinner we had elsewhere. The fish tikka was delicious. Watch out for the mosquitos, though, and worth knowing that they do not serve alcohol (but there are bars in town if you fancy a drink before dinner). Breakfast was less good. They were not flexible over what you could have for the inclusive breakfast, which was disappointing as we could have had exactly what we wanted for the same price had we not paid in advance. We paid extra for muesli one morning, but it wasn't that great.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank arttrav
Reviewed 9 March 2011

The Fort House hotel is really a very pleasant place – maybe the best in Fort Cochin. Entering the gate you feel the special atmosphere of that quiet and beautiful garden and the peer at the waterfront. Every time when I come back from daily excursion I feel like in paradise! The rooms are designed very tasty and rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The restaurant is cooking delicious food and you can enjoy the wonderful view at the peer. Ayurveda treatment in Fort House is also very good and pleasant.

I want to thank all the friendly stuff – they help you if you need anything and assist you also very good at the travel desk. Thanks a lot for the recommendation of the best driver – Ramesh; travelling with him is not only save and interesting, but he is a wonderful person with good English and knowledge.
Thanks of course for the friendly atmosphere and help to Auria, Joan and Nisha! Sure I will come back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MaryMUC_59
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Un extrait du message que j'ai envoyé à Fort House Hotel à mon retour :
"I came in Kerala without any preparation, just because I was fed up of Paris and cold weather, also because I read some books (novels by Anita Nair, for instance, or Arundathy Roy), and because many friends talked to me about that state in India.
I want to say how I was happy to stay in your hotel : I found there beauty, comfort, peace, wonderful cooking, friendly people... and helpful people, like you, Nisha ! As I did not know exactly what to do, you proposed a sort of "tour" with a driver. His name is "Siudiesh" (it's surely a wrong way to write this name !). It was real good idea. This man is perfect, not only as a driver, but also he takes care of "customers" -like he says- as a good father or a good son ! I had real good time in his company. He likes to talk, to laugh, to sing, all things that I like too. If you know a way to keep in touch with him, please tell me : I have friends who will be happy to travel with him... and I surely come back someday myself !"

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2011

The hotel grounds are beautiful and each room has chairs right outside for you to sit and read and take in the surroundings. The restaurant food was excellent but be sure to make a reservation in the busy season. The hotel staff was very nice and arranged car rides for us. The location is just a few minute walk to the downtown part of Kochi. I would definitely recommend others to stay here and come back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica0580
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We had planned to spend 3 days in Fort Cochin and had reserved 1 room + extra bed the first 2 nights and 2 double rooms the 3. night. After one night in shared room we asked if we could have 2 double rooms the remaining 2 nights. No problem, we should just ask at the reception around 6 pm. When we came to the reception as agreed upon the room had been given to someone else. We therefore moved to Neemrana's Tower House (can be recommended) just down the road after these 2 nights.
The rooms are very comfortable and with a pleasing design. The bathroom was also clean with the necessary towels, etc.
The family hotel has two doctors associated as well as male/female masseurs. We tried the foot massage, which was good.
One of the charming things about the hotel is the restaurant on the water. The view is great, as is the food. Unfortunately the staff at the restaurant was very tired / confused, so our 4 meals all had some kind of mess-up. Wrong food, confusions about who ordered what for breaksfast, etc., but when all this is said, the food was superb and the location terrific.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family