“Delicious spread, great place, International standard”

The Asian Kitchen by Tokyo Bay
Ranked #16 of 1,004 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the finest Asian restaurants in Kerala serving great food from across seven Asian cuisines and set in a picturesque location and colonial ambience. We serve delicious dishes from seven Asian cuisines - Malaysian, Singaporean, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese. Our food is authentically prepared using the best of ingredients. We are situated in a heritage building in the premises of the legendary Cochin Club. The club is more than a 100 years old and has witnessed many significant events in the history of Fort Kochi. The restaurant is very close to the beautiful Fort Kochi beach. We invite you to visit the restaurant, enjoy the serene ambience and savour our delicious and healthy dishes.
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Visited the place with friends expecting good food - left there having had one among our best restaurant meals ever. Great service, excellent ambience and most of all some very authentic and delicious food. Having started off with some mouth watering tsukemono, the chef guided us through the yaki soba and the teriyaki with other dishes in tow. Definitely recommended for anyone seeking authentic asian cuisine in Kochi....

1  Thank Sunil R

Reviewed 11 January 2014

It was my daughter's birthday yesterday so I took the family to Tokyo Bay.

The waiter attending us gave great service, two others were busy the whole two hours we were there, browsing internet on the restaurant computer and a laptop or pad. Two women waiters were loitering. One dingy cashier cubby hole (may not be so, I must be assuming) I passed by, washed away all the effect the tasty decor of the restaurant gave me.

Thinking friday evening would be busy I reserved a table, and except for one other guest, we were the only party. Could be that our taste buds are not very good, because we liked only the starters. The main courses and side dishes were nothing to speak of.

So we decided not to have dessert.

1  Thank tomthump
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Been hearing about this place for a long time... saw all the great reviews.. finally went in for a lunch..Loved the decor.. and the live sushi bar . very pleasant staff.. gave us all the necessary advice.. as we were tasting japanese or the first time.

We Ordered prawn tempura sushi and the special that day, which was 'duck in teriyaki sauce'. l have no idea what it is supposed to taste like..but I was kind of underwhelmed..
the sushi was ok.. lightly spiced very simple flavours..
the duck in teriyaki sauce was not very impressive. there were around 5-6 small pieces of meat and sauteed vegetables drenched in a sweet soy gravy a small bowl of rice by the side.
Plating was beautiful. But the meat was not tender and the sweet soy was a bit too much (the dip for the sushi is soy as well so it kind of got monotonous ..)
Portions were small.. the bill was not.

If you really wanna try it out, I'd advice following more reviews and trying the dishes that more people reccommend..

1  Thank neethusandeep
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I had been here once before... this time i went back with my friends. They are changing the menu... including more exciting Pan Asian stuff. The chef and the Manager were more than helpful. We wanted to try out the new items on their menu and were blown by the food and presentation!!!
We also got a preview of their Christmas Menu and I am surely going to try it out...

Way to go Guys! Good Job!

1  Thank wrightsophia90
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is first time, I had Japanese food. Doubt if it can get better than Tokyo Bay @ Kochi. Superb Ambience, Superb Food, Superb Service... Best was the Grilled Chicken!!! Havent had it better anywhere else.

Chef's response to understanding the first timers like us, is highly appreciated. One thing is for sure... I am sure to be at this place whenever I am in Kochi, now onwards!!!

1  Thank sumitdhir1979