My business colleague and I travelled to Kerala for 10 day business trip Kerala experience- hand picked holidays for the gourmet traveller- this was our first stop Brunton.
If your looking for hussle and bustle don't stay here, if your looking for entertainment don't stay here- if on the other hand your looking for a tranquil, peaceful, opulent, colonial type of hotel then this is the hotel for you. From the moment we stepped out of our vehicle after a long journey from the UK we were looked after and totally spoilt.
Tea on arrival and beautiful sea facing rooms- with a beautiful bed and bathroom with a bath over looking the river- leave your windows open and catch a glimpse of every day life as you bathe!
We had dinner and introduced ourselves to head chef Ajith whom is a charismatic character in every sense, he is a master of his chosen profession. We sat chatted and he produced a delicious dinner fit for kings and queens. Ajith shared our tv screens with Rick Stein on his last culinary programme. Thank you Ajith it's going to be a pleasure working with you !
The staff at Brunton are a team of dedicated, passionate, warm and welcoming people you will find any where in India. CGH congratulations on staff training first class especially front of house manager Vandana, she is soon helpful and goes beyond her duties every time. We had a wonderful time with you and we will be back again in January, we feel part of your family and a very big thank you and congratulations , running a hotel of this calibre is hard work. Please visit it's worth every single rupee and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is moored on a historic stretch of Cochin's famed harbour , The Brunton Boatyard Hotel was resurrected from the remains of a Victorian shipyard. Today, it gives the modern traveller a unique opportunity to dwell amidst the shadow plays of 19th century history. Living All of the Brunton Boatyard Hotel's 22 rooms overlook the sea, and so, by happy circumstance, do the en-suite bathrooms. Dining The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is your chance to dine from, literally, a melting pot. All the cultures that came to the Malabar Coast over three centuries can be sampled in a single evening. Discovering Armed with a map and some comfortable footwear, you can tour the historic Fort Cochin area where the hotel stands. Sadly, little remains of the fort itself, but the other legacies of history are everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin