This is not a Four Seasons Hotel. The staff dont all speak superb english, there is some noise from the neighbouring ferry port and passing boats, and they have mildly annoying wifi passwords which need renewing every day. Nevertheless this was one of the most enjoyable hotel stays i recall having, and i would highly recommend it to anyone going to Cochin.
Visually the hotel is stunning - it is extremely tastefully decorated in an old-world colonial style with lots of draped material over teak wood, with well-maintained lawns and open areas. The rooms are beautiful and exude charm. Just a pleasure to be in. There is a delightful tea-tasting set in the room with instructions on how to perfectly brew each type of tea on offer, and a great little balcony overlooking the water. There are free morning yoga lessons, cooking demonstrations by the in-house chef, a daily sunset boat cruise on the hotel's launch, and a lovely restaurant at the front.
This is a gem of a hotel with a certain je ne sais pas, that oozes personality. A 'must' when visiting Cochin. It doesnt come cheap at ~$300 but its worth every cent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is located in Fort Cochin, right in the middle of all the historic monuments, right in front of the mouth of the harbour, and with a magnificent view of all the grand ships coming into Cochin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin