We stayed in this hotel few years back in July 2009, and completely loved the place. It has a unique character and such a beautiful location. The view from the bedroom was excellent as it was facing the harbour. We could see the ships come in and go and was such a memorable sight for the kids, they loved it truly.
They took us for a ride at the lake and we saw the harbour and other islands. We were lucky enough to even have a sighting of dolphins and the kids were thrilled to see them.
The food is just great, loved the spinach based pasta.
Location wise its good, you can just walk around, see the chinese fishing nets, which is a walkable distance. Jetty point is very near too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is moored on a historic stretch of Cochin's famed harbour , The Brunton Boatyard Hotel was resurrected from the remains of a Victorian shipyard. Today, it gives the modern traveller a unique opportunity to dwell amidst the shadow plays of 19th century history. Living All of the Brunton Boatyard Hotel's 22 rooms overlook the sea, and so, by happy circumstance, do the en-suite bathrooms. Dining The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is your chance to dine from, literally, a melting pot. All the cultures that came to the Malabar Coast over three centuries can be sampled in a single evening. Discovering Armed with a map and some comfortable footwear, you can tour the historic Fort Cochin area where the hotel stands. Sadly, little remains of the fort itself, but the other legacies of history are everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin