“Comfortable, clean, and well located hotel”
Review of Abad Pepper Route

Abad Pepper Route
Ranked #44 of 436 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Comfortable, clean, and well located hotel”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We came into Fort Kochin from the airport at one am and were quickly checked into our room. The rooms are nice and clean with a comfortable bed, have very effective air conditioning, and hot water (just make sure to turn on the hot water switch.). The staff are helpful and accommodating to your needs. Breakfast is tasty. The internet works well in the common dining area. This is a great value for the price. Other hotels I have looked at in Fort Kochin are near the same price without the amenities. We enjoyed our stay so much that we stayed longer than intended!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erinf83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Lorient, France
Reviewed 3 May 2013

A very good quality price ratio
rooms very clean and fresh, Annie the maid does an excellent job
very good front office reception with Manisha, front office in charge .
Good breakfast and service with Arun and Baiju
A personal attention to each request

Room Tip: A lovely stay with Abad group
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Our room was fairly clean and general feel was good. Very clean beddings/new. AC was great. Service could have been a bit better. Felt a bit like a travel lodge service. It has a lift, which was surprising, but welcome due to the heat. Lift had ventilation too. On the whole a nice experience. Location is great as right in Fort Cochin. It is on a side street off of KB Jacob road. So tuk tuk man had a bit of trouble: it's just before the 'Friends cafe'' and its street is being laid. So it's slightly messy at the moment.

• Stayed March 2013
Dubai
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The property is new and well placed. The staff need further training in customer service.
We had been travelling for almost 13 hrs when we reached the reception at 11.15 AM only to be told by the receptionist (Byju) to keep stuff and return by 1 PM. It was terrible that he denied us even a glass of water (which we discovered the next moring was just 8 steps away in pantry from where he was standing).
He was one of the most irritating and rude staff we have seen till date. Mr. Binoy pls take care of it. He was treating us as if we came to stay for free there.....especially after an exhausting non stop journey. We expected some courtesy.
Special thanks to the other staff, Aroon and the house keeping lady Annie....they were wonderful and so was their guard and watchman. They were truly made for hospitality industry.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on right side of level 1 as construction in going on in the adjacent plot.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here for just 1 night (2 days) & was very impressed. It is a fairly new hotel & the standards were excellent. The decor was contemporary & all of the fittings & furniture etc were first class.
The room was fairly small but had everything that I needed.
The bed was very comfortable & had good quality & spotlessly clean bedding. I slept very well.
The bathroom was modern & well equipped & clean. I didn't quite manage to get any hot water for my morning shower (I didn't have the time or the energy to 'go & find someone' so I just 'made do with a cold shower').
Location was excellent. It was just a few minutes' easy walk to the waterfront area & the Chinese fishing nets etc.
I was very lucky to get one of the 2 ground floor rooms which are next to the breakfast area. This is because you can pick up the free wifi in these rooms (I had read someone's review about this tip & e mailed the hotel before I arrived to request one of these rooms).
Breakfast was very pleasant but pretty basic & the breakfast area was very clean & welcoming.
Even though I was only there for 1 night, my flight out was very late the following evening. I was able to store my luggage & relax & use my laptop in the restaurant area for several hours before I set off for my flight which was very helpful.
I would be very happy to stay here again & would definitely recommend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: There are 2 ground floor rooms (next to the breakfast area) where you can pick up the free wifi.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Amsterdam
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We didn't expect such a good guesthouse for the price! It's clean, rooms are modern with flatscreen t.v, great shower room and very good bed! Breakfast was very good and the service was excellent.
Location is also good, it's close to restaurants and shops and tourist attractions. It's also quiet because of it's location in a side street off the main road.
Next time we visit this is where we will stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

The location is near the sea and a historical area very nice buildings lots of tourists around.
My room was a nice tidy clean room
And small breakfast area.A quit place, you can have a pleasant sleep. The laundry service is cheap and fast.
The location is a walking distance to grand residence where I had my Ayurvedic treatment, many shops around mainly they have items from Kashmir ,pashmina shawls , embroidery bed covers, jewelry with silver and precious stones and semi precious but you need to bargain lowering prices to half.

• Stayed January 2013