Eighth Bastion Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Radisson Blu Kochi(Ernakulam)
US$115
US$112
Taj Hotels
  • Pool
Blue Waters Cherai(Cherai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$46
  • Beachfront
US$81
Travelocity
US$40
US$32
Agoda.com
Cherai Beach Resorts(Cherai Beach)
US$69
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Palm Grove Service Villa(Ernakulam)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$19
US$113
US$92
Agoda.com
All reviewsno alcohol licenceeast indiessunken bathfort cochinthe chinese fishing netscgh groupsmall poolshort walk to the beachopen courtyardlovely boutiquesmall hotelrain showergood sizecomfortable bedsbalcony overlookinghighly recommend this hotelstayed for two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were scheduled to come in at 0400 hours, but due to inclement weather we arrived around 0800 hours. Nevertheless, the staff was there to accommodate guests us any hour! I was extremely impressed by their warmth and friendliness after such a long flight. Genuine hospitality is most appreciated upon arriving in a foreign country.
After a quick registration, we walked straight to the dining room. For breakfast, they offer a variety of menu options that are freshly cooked upon ordering. This is unlike many hotels in India that only provide pre-made buffets. There is a pool with lounge seating that creates a very luxurious feel for the hotel as well. The bathroom is huge and very clean! Probably the biggest I experienced in India! The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in!
A definite recommendation for anyone visiting Kochi, it was the perfect start to our journey through Kerala, India!

Room Tip: Our room was located on the second floor, we had a beautiful view of the street activity and felt very safe!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LMilas
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Nestled in the lovely lanes of Fort Kochi, Eight Bastion is a hidden gem. If you are looking for a small, high-end boutique hotel with friendly staff and impeccable service - This is the place !
It is the recent addition in the bouquet of CGHearth,& is truly contemporary. If smiling staff, well laid rooms & lovely balconies are not enough to please you, the chef will make sure you are bold over.
Food is scrupulous & we thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

Add-ons - Cute pool, bicycles in great condition & superb location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrachetaB
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at Eighth Bastion for two weeks in September, 2013. This is a small, high-end boutique hotel with friendly staff and impeccable service. We swam in the pool, had cocktail hour on our private balcony (bring your own, the place has no liquor license),ate at the outstanding restaurant five times, enjoyed the complementary breakfast (Western and Indian choices) and newspaper, and did walks around the neighborhood, the heart of old Kochi. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors, which have lovely private balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Flew in early morning from Doha, Qatar and found the car arrange by Eight Bastion waiting for me at the airport. The drive from Kochi International Airport was long but comfortable. Having spent the whole night at the airport and flight; I was hoping to go to bed right away.
Checking in was quick and I was in my room in a jiffy. Day was just breaking and though tired; I decided to go for a walk and check out the place. This was the start of my holiday romance with Eight Bastion & Kochi.
I will start with the service this hotel has which was flawless. Just a call or a note at the front desk and it was done. I am impressed by the food quality and the variety of food served at the in-house restaurant “East Indies”. Because it was Ramadan and I was fasting; the kitchen staff took extra care to prepare food for my Iftar and Sehri (Suhoor). This restaurant is famous for its sea food specialty.
The rooms are simple and very elegantly decorated. There is nothing loud about this hotel. Being there gives you the feeling of peace and serenity. My room was on the 2nd floor with a balcony facing the pool. This is the probable the cutest pool I have ever seen in my life.
The bathroom was huge; almost as big as my room. It has a tub with beautiful inlay of tiles and a rain shower. The shower area has wooded floors and the water would just pass between the wooded planks. This is a great concept which ensured no water flooding in the shower area.
No words can express what I experienced during my stay at this hotel. I visited this hotel with some friends and promise to be back again very soon in the coming future with my family, Insha Allah.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Njkhan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Awesome Service!! Extremely Courteous staff. Extremely close to Vasco De Gama's first gravesite and Church.

Only issue is that the food in the restaurant is extremely skewed toward western tastes. Not many true Indian options available.

Great stay!

Room Tip: Room 204 was nice with a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple