“A home away from home”
Review of St. Michael's Inn

St. Michael's Inn
Ranked #54 of 459 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for 8 days in June 2014. June in Kochi is off-season, so it was very quiet. It also meant that i got to know the area, anf the homestay manager, John Thomas, quite well.
This is a purpose-built homestay, and is very new. The rooms, beds, bathrooms and tv/wifi/AC are all excellent. There is a communal kitchen where you can store drinks in the fridge.
John prepared a breakfast every day, and it was all first class. I asked for South Indian food, and was rewarded with idli, vada, puttu plus lots of yummy veg curries. John also advised on trips and assisted in bookings.
The AC airport bus stops at the end of the street, and is very convenient (76Rs compared to 1100rs in a taxi), although the last bus to the airport is at 7pm. The homestay is also close to the Bevco (Govt alcohol sales) and this is very handy as Fort Cochin has very few hotels/restaurants that serve alcohol.
The homestay is easy walking distance to all the sights in Fort Cochin, as well as Mattancherry, and the ferry terminals.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AustraliaPinball

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is a perfect homestay/BB. The location is convenient, the place is spotless, the price is affordable, and the owner is very attentive and friendly. It feels more like a small hotel because the owner and family don't live in the house. The rooms are big with lots of sunlight. I booked a week on booking.com but decided to go to Bangalore for three days. Even though I was obligated to pay for the days I was away, the owner did not charge me. 3 star accommodation at 1 star price...highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 765Adam_B
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My sister and I just returned from Kochi. We had a lovely stay at St. Michael's Inn. John and his staff are very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Our room was very nice, clean with comfortable bed and excellent AC. The inn is very well kept and just what we were looking for. We would stay with them again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank dhofferts
Reviewed 17 May 2014

John(The Owner) was very friendly and helpful. We had trouble locating the place but john came to pick us up in an auto :). The place was very clean and well kept.
John takes special interest in his guests and makes you feel comfortable and at home.
I would definitely recommend St Micheals Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LesBangalore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The people are lively and very welcoming, we cane from a very ling trip to a very clean room with good a/c which was needed on those hot days. The building was very secure and safe to stay in. The location was only a 7 minute walk from the sea front which was perfect as you are slightly out of the hustle and bustle when you want to get some rest. And the breakfast was amazing! Fresh fruit, coffee and eggs cooked in front of you. Everyone was very accommodating when it came to helping us book transportation etc. Cant wait to go back!
Lovely lovely guys. :)

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Gemma S
Johnthomaselim, Manager at St. Michael's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you very much for your excellent review about us. It was our pleasure to host you and will love to host you any time in the future too. Please drop in to our homestay whenever you visit Cochin. Thanks a lot!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I adore St. Michael’s Inn. I booked for 5 nights and ended up staying for 2 weeks. The 2 inn-keepers and their families went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and to help make my time in Kochi delightful .and productive. The customer service was out of this world. Not only did they pick me up from the airport, they drove me around as I visited various ayurvedic clinics, took me to local restaurants, arranged outings for me, took me shopping and even introduced me to their family tailor to help with my stitching needs. I

The Inn itself is new and spotless. My room had a super comfy bed with and excellent mattress, good linens and a duvet, excellent A/C, satellite tv and the best wifi I’ve experienced in India. Breakfast is prepared to order and they adapt it based on your preferences. All in all, St. Michael’s Inn exceeded my expectations and provided a home away from home and services that were much better than those provided at most more expensive hotels. I plan to stay there again next time I am in Kochi.

Room Tip: some of the rooms have better water heaters than others so check
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anita B

Thank you very much for the rocking review about us. We are so glad to have your company again. We are so grateful to you for your kind words about us. You are always welcome to St. Michael's Inn whenever you visit Cochin.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place is absolutely THE place to stay when being in Kochi. Both John are very nice, friendly and helpfull. Whatever you need, they're here to help. best address in town, it really reaches the standard of 4-5 stars hotel's room, for a very reasonnable price. Very clean, furniture/bathroom modern and clean; Wi fi connection perfect !! I will come back for sure ! do not hesitate to book here, you won't regret it !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chanchan142014

It was so nice to host you. We remember each moment we spent with you. Thank you very much for staying with us and also for the lovely words you have displayed in tripadvisor. We love to host you any time in the future too. Thanks a lot!