“Fabulous stay in Cochin”

ChristVille Homestay
Ranked #12 of 436 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Richmond, Canada
“Fabulous stay in Cochin”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My dad, sister and I booked a stay at Christville. Preethy was quick to respond to my emails when I was in the process of booking and patient with my requests that had changed a few times. I had contacted several homestays in the area prior to booking with them, and found that their rate was one of the most reasonable. Their home is in an excellent location in Fort Cochin with several historical landmarks. Their rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast is provided upon request with an additional, reasonable charge and is well worth it - Preethy's breakfast is delicious and generous. Above all, what impressed us is the warmth and friendliness with which we were treated. They went to every extent to make our stay a pleasant one. My dad loved their curtains and wanted to buy curtain material to take home. Joy took time out of his day to take my dad to the shop, waited for us to purchase the fabric, and took the fabric home, as we were proceeding to go out that day -- you would never get that personal touch at a hotel. They are also well connected and help with booking tours, drivers etc. Preethy also cooks dinner upon request (again, at a very reasonable charge), and the food was absolutely delicious and plentiful. My only regret is not taking a cooking class which Preethy offers, as we were running on a tight schedule. Thank you Preethy and Joy for making our stay in Cochin a memorable one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We spent one week in the ChristVille Homestay during our stay in Fort Kochin in February/March 2014. The homestay is near the centre of the town in a pretty calm place. Our room was with a fan and tiny balcony. We could use a Wi-Fi in our room and on the rooftop. The breakfast was given in the dining room on the ground floor. The dishes were tasty and rich, with pineapples and bananas for the dessert. The host and hostess were friendly and obliging. It was our pleasure to stay here.
Hilda & Vidimantas

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The is really nothing to complain about.

The homestay is perfect situated in the heart of Fort Cochi. Rooms are perfectly clean (AC and breakfast are optional).Preety and Joy are fantastic hosts and doing everything to make your stay more comfertable and helping you in organising tours etc.

Would love to come back!

montreal
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This four room homestay is in a great location near the Cathedral. Rooms have a/c, fan, wifi access - very clean and comfortable. Choice of Continental or Kerala breakfast included and a choice to eat in the family dining room or on the rooftop. Preety and Joy were very helpful in suggesting restaurants, booking backwater trip, etc. We ended up staying longer than planned as place was very comfortable and walking distance to all the sights in Fort Cochin. Highly recommend this cute homestay.

Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We are a retired couple who have just spent a month travelling round Kerala. Arrived on bus from Munnar & only stayed 2 nights as already booked on train to Kannur, but were made very welcome and given good farewell even though we left before 6:00 am. Excellent value room & brilliant breakfast.

Alan Oliver & Sue Grigg

Melbourne
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I arrived at this home stay and within a few hours found out that my mother had died suddenly. Preethy and Joy sprung into action. Joy took me on the back of his motorcycle in attempt to contact the airline. With no luck he called a cab immediately to whisk me to the airport. They would not accept full payment for my stay. This alone would have been enough to write an excellent review, but the home stay and location were excellent anyway. Thanks to their calm and quick response I was able to change my flight at the airport and was on the night flight home. Indian hospitality had been fantastic throughout my trip and this was another example at a time when I needed it most. Thank you both for your kindness - you are truly lovely people and I will return to thank you in person.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just stayed 7 nights at this homestay and found it to be exceptional in every sense.
The location was ideal as all the major sights and restaurants were in walking distance.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and lovely.
The hosts were gracious, very helpful in planning tours and respectful of privacy.
The house itself is just over a year old, so it functions very well.
Breakfasts were fabulous.
A+++ experience!!
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I had A/C and balcony on 2nd floor and loved it.