“Perfect little homestay, warm welcome and great location!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Church View Homestay

Church View Homestay
Ranked #84 of 424 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect little homestay, warm welcome and great location!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were on our way to another homestay when tintu approached and asked if we were looking for a room. She showed us the room and they are immaculate, modern, clean and perfect for our stay. She made us delicious chai and came to chat with us, even showing us her handmade jewellery which was really cool. Free wifi. We are sooooo glad we came to church view and can't thank tintu enough for cheering up 2 weary travellers. Highly recommended :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I found this homestay by chance on May 16, 2014. After the airport coach dropped me in front of the Santa Cruz Basalica church, Church View Homestay is the first homestay in my sight. Actually, I already planned where to stay, but don't mind to give the homestay a look. Tintu ushered me to view the rooms. Without giving it a second thought after the view, I told her I will stay a minimum of two nights. There are two reasonably-sized rooms, but I like the front room which directly faces the church. Tintu then lived up to the expectation as a host to introduce to me about Fort Cochin, and the services the homestay provides. She showed me the directions to certain attractions, but it was a tourism brochure from her which saved her a lot of explanation. Tintu was kind enough to offer me a knife to peel the mangoes I bought from outside, as well as providing me some ice cubes for my drinks. That was really sweet. She did it happily, and did not see my request as something troublesome to her. However, the room is quite warm because of the hot season, even at night, which did hampered my rest. The homestay is conveniently and strategically located. Most places are within walking distance. I did not regret for choosing Church View Homestay. In fact, I would like to thank the bus driver for stopping me right in front of the homestay. I would choose the homestay if I ever return to Fort Cochin again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this Homestay for a couple nights. After walking through Fort Cochin fir quiet a while knocking on every homestay's door (unfortunately the rooms did not meet our expectations of value for money our cleanlyness) we arrived at church view and just loved it! The rooms were super modern, lately renovated and clean and ours even had a nice balcony. The hostfamily served us a great western breakfast eith fruits and Chai on the balcony and we just enjoyed staying there!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rivalta di Torino, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

thank you for all...room and jewellerys! ;) I'm felt very good with them. i wish you all the best.
I recommend this accommodation to all travelers who want to breathe in the air of Fort Cochin without sacrificing comfort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at ChurchView! We stayed six nights in the beautiful room with a big balcony facing the church. It was spacious, extremely clean, comfortable bed and with a very nice renovated bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and not expessive at all. The family was very kind and attentive, making sure our stay was perfect.
We can only strongly recommend this Homestay and hope we'll be back soon.

• Stayed February 2014
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

It has a magnetic force that pulls you towards it......located bang opp St.Francis Bascilica......and within walking distance of just abt everything in Fort Kochi.....it's our best bet for our next trip. There are just two rooms (one facing the church has a balcony and the other at the back does nt have a balcony nor a view, but nevertheless).....very clean, chic and well ventilated. Benoy and his wife Tintu , are a very friendly couple. Benoy drives his own taxi and his services can be hired. A very patient driver and host. They charge room rent plus additional charge fr breakfast. They arrange for half or full day backwater tours with , houseboats with destination travels (the only name to be trusted for bacwater cruises), elephant bathing camp visit, kathakali performance which 2 mins walk from the home stay. Church View all in all is highly recommended for stay at Fort Cochin. Love you Benoy and Tintu........Ritika and Brijeshwar Bhandari

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've been travelling in India regularly for the last 14 years and I was very pleased to see that the owners ,Binoy and his wife Tintu,were making a great effort to make me feel at ease during my 2 days there.They are friendly and care a lot about cleanliness,wich is a premium in India.i stayed in the room facing the church,I slept comfortably.The room was neat, the fan silent,Wifi working perfect ,floor was spotless,bedsheets and linen white as snow and with an overall very cosy atmosphere (rooms are new).I was surprised on how well equipped and modern the shower room was.So far one of the most comfortable stays I've had in India,great value for money .I was offered a big fruitsalad for evey breakfast and Binoy gave me a free lift to the airport bus the morning I left.
Great service,good value and safe place.I can recommend this place to anyone willing to spend around 1000 rupees to have a comfortable stay at Fort Kochi.I visited several places around that were asking between 1000 and 2000 rupees for accomodation that wasńt quite as good.
This room matches the standards of one of a good 3 stars hotel, to my opinion.cheers.Emmanuel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo