“Superb hospitality and friendliness.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pattarumadom Ayurveda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Pattarumadom Ayurveda
“Superb hospitality and friendliness.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This family operated business offers excellent value and quality treatments. The staff are friendly and helpful and made us feel part of the family. I experienced definite health benefits from my all too brief stay and I will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JoeGuthrie

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Katoomba, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We had a clean, spacious room with a verandah. AC and hot water all of the time. It was a lovely place to sit and relax, read, meditate, draw and nap between treatments. Comfortable bed! The staff Jijo, Ashley, Jodie and others were incredibly helpful - professional, friendly and kind. Went out of their way to assist. We had treatments twice per day as well as medicine three times per day. The environment was quiet and down to earth with the property facing onto the water and in the midst of a village. Fresh air and no rubbish. The food was varied, fresh, and tasty. It felt like part of the treatment and I think was ayurvedic. Tea and coffee was brought to your room. You could also have meals brought to your room if you wished but we ate in the dining room mostly. This was a real experience - not for tourists, the other patients were Indian - and at times felt like a relaxing hospital. The treatments were new and mysterious to us and we did not really understand how they worked but we could not help but feel their effects. I felt lighter and my eyes began to shine. I enjoyed the time out in one place after the last few weeks on the move and travelling. I found and booked this based on Trip Advisor and I'm glad we went there. It was a great and intriguing experience!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle G
Kettering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have just returned home from spending four weeks with Jijo and his team at Pattarumadom Wellness Centre. Normally when I take a holiday I stay in hotels and I had never taken a trip like this before to a place where the offer is relaxation and ayurvedic treatments.

The accommodation is of a good standard with a large bedroom and ensuite shower room with toilet and basin. The room came with a tv, ceiling fan and air conditioning and there are insect screens on the windows, so everything is in place for any visitors to feel comfortable, whether they come from India or from further away. Rooms were cleaned six days a week and bed linen and fresh towels were always on hand.

The food, served three times a day, was varied. It is 100% vegetarian and of a very good standard. All meals were taken in the communal canteen area which offered an opportunity to mix with fellow guests if you chose to.

The treatments were provided by men for the men and by women for women, so there were no embarrassing moments during any treatments, which took place every morning and every afternoon seven days a week. I experienced many different treatments during my stay including milky oil baths, body scrubs, Shirodhara and I also had a four handed oil massage every day just to prepare my body for the treatments. The different treatments were prescribed by the owner who is a practising qualified ayurvedic doctor and in my case were generally repeated for three days and then reviewed.

The location is calm and if you want to get away from the world this place would provide an answer for you. The building is located at the end of a narrow lane with some small houses nearby housing smiling friendly people. The main road is about 500metres away where there are some small shops and this was for me a pleasant place to go to see the frenzy of Indian life passing by on motorcycles, tuc tucs, buses and small lorries before I could wander back to the calm of the wellness centre. One point to note is that the centre is about twenty minutes from Cochin airport so the transfer time to the clinic was quick and convenient. There were occasions when the aircraft were routed towards the centre following take off, but on most days the noise was not an issue and the mind eventually switched off to the sound of the distant aircraft activity.

Yoga was provided three times a week by an excellent teacher called Suresh. Weather permitting the classes were taken on the roof below the setting sun which was fantastic, but remember to protect against the mosquitoes as they are just starting to get active at sunset and I did get a little eaten on one occasion when I forgot to put on my spray. On the monsoon days we squeezed into the canteen for the class.

Staying at this centre will bring you into contact with real Indian people living their normal lives in a rural environment and was a real educational experience for me. I wish the very best to Jijo, the centre's manager, along with all of the staff for assisting in providing me with a month in my life that I will truly never forget.

Room Tip: Rooms 1, 2 and 3 have a small outside terrace overlooking the river and meadow.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Michael R
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I'm so glad that I found this place to recharge during the monsoon season. I felt very well taken care of. Everyone was very kind and warm, which made the treatments all the more special. Will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank C C
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

i wanted my holiday to be different, not any other day in my busy everyday life. this place has met many of my planned features. very clam, serene surroundings that lets you think and explore your inner self. Staff is very motivated and tries to give best of them and hardworking. While nothing is perfect in this world as the perfect itself is different for every one, I believe this place is very good for a calm holiday with a good Ayurveda detox treatment. Located in a small village . very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms have a very good backyard and view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Eswar K
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

If you are looking for an Ayurveda treatment at a modest rates and in beautiful & Peace full location and that too treat you like own family.. you are right .. this is the place ..

You may wonder how can a team might work like a family until u visit and meet them ..

All the very best .. Thank You so much .. will visit next time with my family :)

Room Tip: Test your luck by asking a room with balcony :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank gnanakannan
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

I've never felt such warmth and kindness from a healing center/hotel before. The staff at Pattarumadom welcome their guest like family.

This is the place to come for a sweet and simple retreat, offering authentic and pure Ayurveda. Dr. Varghese comes from five generations of family Ayurveda!!! They are the real deal! And unlike some of the commercial Ayurveda centers in India that care more about your money than your healing, Dr. Varghese and the team of healers are pure and compassionate, caring deeply about the wellbeing and health of their clients.

The location of the center is located in a quiet neighborhood in the Kerala countryside adjacent to the most DIVINE meadow I've ever laid my eyes on. A great place for meditation at dusk.

They also have an on call yoga teacher that is amazing. Suresh is a true yogi, integrating pranayama (breathing), meditation and philosophy into his yoga teaching. So sweet! Classes are taught at sunrise on the roof.

The accommodations are simple, clean and offer just enough character to feel your in India. Rooms are cleaned daily and natural products are used...very important when you come to detox.

The food is delightful, menu varies daily.
You can even ask Jijo, the general manager to give you a cooking class...he's an amazing cook and funny too.

I've been to four other Ayurveda centers in India, and this one is the most authentic and sweet. I'm planning to come back again next year with friends.

And PLEASE if you come to stay with Pattarumadom for treatment, offer any suggestions for improvement that you might have. They are always asking for suggestions and sincerely want to make us happy.

My deepest wish is to support small family clinics like this one! Ill be back soon.

Love,
Erin (Seema - as the therapist renamed me!!) :)

• Stayed April 2013