“Best in category for price”
Review of Hotel Abad Metro

Hotel Abad Metro
Ranked #70 of 212 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I reached cochin for an official vist, it was unknown for me the Abad metor was a business hotel. Heard only about abad plaza which was a star hotel. once the cab stoped in from of metro i lost hope. once i cheked in rooms was pretty ok.. with not many facilities but necessity is met. worth for the rent we pay. next day morning when i went to resturant for break fast they told that i need to pay for it, normaly in most of the hotels brek fast will be included in the package. it was a surprie for me to hear that i have to pay extra.

Room Tip: Nice location, worth for the rent. dont expect more.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest
Thanks for the feedback & considering our hotel value for money. Our normal tariff is on room only basis, in case you require the breakfast to be included in room tariff please write to me in anup@abadhotels.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to Abad Metro soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Not very welcoming. The rate which I got thru Cleartrip was not inclusive of Breakfast though it mentioned all inclusive. For a few hours extension, they demanded a full day rate. Room Service was very pathetic. Typical Kerala labour attitude.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for the feed back. It is unfortunate to note that a sequence of events led to you not having a memorable stay with us. Our rates online with Cleartrip is on room only basis(Inclusive of Taxes). Our Checkin time is 1 PM & Checkout time is 11 AM. As you wanted to Checkout by 8 PM, We informed you of the extra day Charge. We regret to note that you were not happy with the room service. As much as I regret the lack of experience during your visit. I positively look forward to your next visit. Please mail at anup@abadhotels.com for any future queries.

Regards

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have been staying with Abad Metro for at least 10 years, mainly because the price is reasonable, the rooms are clean and there is central AC which eliminates the need for some moldy unit in the room. You just turn the vent on or off. I am very picky about hotels and don't want luxury because I will have to pay for it, but this is the cleanest hotel with the best air quality in India and I have seem some really dirty places. The room is small, and it isn't full of unneeded luxurious furnishings that will just break. It's just cute, with a little picture of flowers and pleasingly colored clean drapes. The TV is new, the mattress is new, the sheets are new, it takes them 30 minutes to clean each room. The staff is great, always ready to do more even though I am an impatient person, and they store luggage for free. It is well managed and has great value for the price.

Room Tip: I get the single room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your nice feed back, We assure you to continue to provide the same service . We are happy & honored to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We arrived in Kochi for a night before flying home and were unaware of the national strike that had closed down all transport and shopping etc.
We arrived at the hotel and I didnt have the greatest expectations after reading the reviews but had no problems at all!
Reception staff were extremely helpful with room service, internet and arranging a taxi (no one was working due to the strike so took a lot of calls). Room service was good and our only option so very happy they were working. Rooms were clean and spacious with TV and cable. Large bathrooms and windows. A/C. Newspapers in morning. Overall a standard hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the left hand side (when looking at the hotel) don't look onto another building dir...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha W
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thanks for the nice review. You can contact me for any further room booking. Looking forward to meet you in person during your next visit

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The stay was fine,with welcome aircon.
The restaurant is decent and they stored my bags between stays for free.
All good, but on te first stay the bathroom had a terrible stench which would not go away. Not the usual India open sewer smell either. Everything else was good though.
The second time I got a different room and it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thanks for the nice feedback, We have rectified the same. Looking forward for your future stay with us.

Anup

Reviewed 28 March 2013

My freind and I had planned to stay in this hotel for about a week as it was centrally located in Ernakalum where I needed to have several meetings. For me the place was below average, my room was quite small, sparsely furnished and frankly not that clean. My view was a filthy alley where most people seemed to dump their rubbish. The first night I was bitten by a bed bug and yes it was a bed bug because I found it and squashed it. One bedbug is enough for me, I moves out the next morning and went to Fort Cochin. This hotel seems to be Favoured by local business people rather that tourists. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
anupkumarc2007, Manager at Hotel Abad Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear Customer

Thanks for the feed back. I'm the Manager of Abad Metro, I would like to know the date of you stay & the room number. Since we have changed all our mattress recently & all our linen are new. You can also contact me in my cell no 9895336111 & my mail id is anup@abadhotels.com. Looking forward to hear from you.

Anup

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had a booking for 16 th of March . I arrived at the hotel around 8 AM . The guy at the reception is so adamant that - I had to pay for an extra day for 8 AM - 11 AM . (In spite of the fact that i will be checking out by 9 PM on the same night).
I even told him that I need the room only for a couple of hours in the morning so why don't you prepone my booking for the couple of hours and I will release it by 11 AM - then he caught the rule book and started arguing that since my booking starts only at 11 AM today - he won't be able to do that.
If the hotel is fully booked and if they had to hold the room from the previous night - I don't mind paying something more . But later I learned from him that was indeed not the case. This is called day light robbery - charging for 2 full days - for a 12 hour stay. Abad being such a reputed name amidst cochin's hospitality industry - it is slightly difficult for me to comprehend that they would stoop to such low levels from a regular customer . I even tried reasoning with him that 2 weeks before I checked in exactly at the same time and checked out similarly though I booked for a single day.
It really left a bad taste in my mind about Abad . If this is the attitude of reception staff - there is not much point in writing about room quality / service / food etc which is nothing great.
I would like to know from Abad Management - if they are doing this discrimination just because I am an Individual traveller - I am pretty sure they wouldn't even dare to mention this to a travel agent. Also I would like to know whether the upper management is aware of all these cheap tactics being done by the reception staff .

• Stayed: March 2013