“Nicely located Old property but good for price.”

Hotel Abad Chullickal
Ranked #96 of 459 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2013

It is a old hotel but is located in old town Kochi so is very near to historical places for sight seeing. Though the hotel is old but rooms were good and clean, The place needs uplift. The staff was courteous and service was good. The food was very good and the restaurant ambiance was good.They have a very nice bakery attached to the hotel. You can get local buses from just outside the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be similar.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sudhir J

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very small, bit old, not very costly, very friendly, understanding the needs of the guests - the most important of all. I stayed here for 2 days last week.
i like the hotel as it is trying to meet even the smallest requirement of its guests.
Very pleasant place, Very close to one of the greatest tourist spot of God's own land Kerala. - Fort Cochin. You will like the food.
I appreciated the reception crew, as they were very friendly. The Free Breakfast OK.
I like staying in this hotel. I love this hotel.
I sincerely recommend to all who visit Cochin to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Road view rooms would be a better option.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SANILTUTI
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Not a hotel where you can relax.. Horrible service, food is worse.. You may probably have better options in Kochi..
Being in Kerela, I expected to have a better experience around south indian food, but i was completly dissappointed..

The rooms are also like a low priced below average hotel..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DevVerma
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Abad Fort served its purpose as a centrally located , budget hotel in the Fort area quite well, this hotel has 35 rooms. Rooms are big, neat, clean & good. Service is okay. Location of hotel is also good. Shopping area is accessible at walking distance. Cultural performances during the season

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ShantiTravel
Reviewed 3 January 2012

BED BUGS!!! Disgusting hotel!! My two friends and I all awoke with red bites covering our faces and arms!! We immediately informed management that we had been bitten by bed bugs. They told us that we were wrong, that they were mosquito bites! It was so obvious that these were not mosquito bites, and we had this confirmed by a doctor in India that they were indeed bed bug bites. The management refused to refund our money and would not even apologize or show an ounce of sympathy. They acted as if we were lying even though our faces were covered in red bites!!! We were so upset and still are appalled. I have to go into my office tomorrow with a face covered in bed bug bites!!! We had to throw away our clothing because I refuse to spread bed bugs further. They will infest your clothing, luggage, and your house. Hotel Abad refuses to recognize that they have a bed bug infestation problem, so it will not be corrected.

Aside from the gross bed bugs, the rooms smell strongly of cigarettes, the sheets have hair on them, and the toilets in the main lobby smell of urine. It was by far the worst hotel that I stayed in in India, and the worst and rudest hotel management I have ever encountered. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. It is disgusting!!

Room Tip: This hotel is disgusting, avoid it at all costs, unless you want to deal with BED BUG BITES that las...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JulesTraveller84
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We were looking for a good restaurant when we chanced upon this hotel. The food was generally good – though the most expensive dish we ordered (grilled king prawns) turned out to be miserable. We decided to stay here overnight rather than look for any other quiet unpretentious place. Unpretentious this was – but certainly not quiet. Situated in the middle of the business area the hotel is very small and poorly insulated. On top of that, we were surprised by loud music in the afternoon and later in the evening – we were told that some business conference chaired by ministers was happening on the roof top and nothing could be done.

The rooms, linen and cleanliness were barely passable. Though classified budget hotel – we found better deals going through more accessible shopping area of Fort.

Room Tip: There are hardly any rooms with a decent view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2011

The first thing about the hotel is that it is far from the city, in the fort area. However, budget wise it is affordable. I went to with my wife to this hotel and it was our first destination. The hotel is small and is situated in a quite place. However, it has a good restaurant and breakfast is complementary.

The rooms are cozy and good to stay. About the room and hotel service, well it is also satisfactory, if not bad. Overall a pleasant stay. I recommend!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kochi (Cochin)
Hotel Abad Metro
Hotel Abad Metro
#69 of 219 in Kochi (Cochin)
Abad Atrium Hotel
Abad Atrium Hotel
#49 of 219 in Kochi (Cochin)
Hotel Abad Plaza
Hotel Abad Plaza
#34 of 219 in Kochi (Cochin)
Abad Turtle Beach
Abad Turtle Beach
#2 of 70 in Alappuzha
Abad Pepper Route
Abad Pepper Route
#47 of 459 in Kochi (Cochin)
The Classik Fort Hotel
The Classik Fort Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tripunithura

Been to Hotel Abad Chullickal? Share your experiences!