“One of the worst place to stay in Kochi.. Keep away from this place!!!”
Review of Hotel Abad Plaza

Hotel Abad Plaza
Ranked #43 of 229 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Poor staff, poor management, ancient piece not updated at all.
They made me wait for an hour despite well in advance booking done!
The receptionist has no clue of what is happening in this place.
The toilet flush doesn't work and nobody turns up despite 100 complaints.
This needs to be an ancient museum thats all, no quality at all.
Getting in and out of the hotel is another big game itself.
One of the worst experience i ever had till date.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AbadPlaza, Front Office Manager at Hotel Abad Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest

Let me apologize to you for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us. The delay in check in was probably due to the full house on previous day (We are not able to ascertain the exact reason as we are not able trace your details in our system(name not matching). Hence we request you to send us a mail with your details so that can find out the exact reason for your delayed check in. We have taken note of your other complaints and have taken steps to rectify the same. Looking forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

Thanks & Regards
Anup Kumar.C
Email : anup@abadhotels.com
Mob : 9895112330

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visited a week back, official trip..
Location is very good, shopping mall is just beside the hotel. Hotel is located on the busy M.G. Road, which can be said as the shopping street of Kochi. But due to the recent Kochi Metro project, traffic jams are very frequent.
Food is good, should extend the Dinner and Lunch times a bit, since Airport is far away and flight delays are common.
In all, a good choice, can visit for a personal experience.

Room Tip: Nothing specific...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I do not know the star category of the hotel but it cant be more than a 3/4 star property based on my stay. The location is good as it is in M G Road. The Breakfast buffet is good. However the Buffet dinner didn't have much variety. In my package Dinner was included. Since the Buffet didnt have much variety I asked whether I can take alcarte and I was told that I can take ala carte only upto Rs. 350. in the other restaurant. Since the buffet was not good I decided to take alacarte where I exceeded the limit of Rs. 350, however the food in that restaurant was good. The laundry was not upto the mark. I gave a pair of clothes and I had some extra stains on it after it came from cleaning. On complaining it was drycleaned but still the stains didn't go completely. Wifi was inlcuded in my package, but on reaching the hotel we were told that it is only for 2 hours in a day and the speed of wifi was extremely slow. It was basically useless.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr.Chetan

Thanks for your feedback . We have taken necessary steps to rectify your complaints, We are pleased to inform you that wifi is free at our hotel. We look forward to your stay on future.

Thanks & Regards
Anup Kumar.C

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was there in September 2012...
its a really nice hotel with good clean room and good service...
definitely recommended...
I had gone through a tour...but i m sure it wud be a good option even if u go there by urself...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The rooms have all undergone a complete refit and the wood floors give it a fresh feel. The service was excellent with the coffee shop downstairs offering very good food for a fraction of the price in the hotel. The hotel manger adds his personal touch making guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesnt overlook other building sites!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It's a good hotel with value for money if you are planning for business/shopping in Cochin. Centrally located and adjacent to one of the best shopping malls in Cochin 'Central Square Mall'. Staff at the front office and restaurant was very polite and courteous. Breakfast and the overall food quality at the restaurant was good. But when I ordered a 'prawns fried rice' to the room, I found no prawns except some microscopic remains of shrimps..!

I stayed here three nights with my family. The house keeping staff did not make up our room for two days. And on the third day, a mid-aged female house keeping staff popped into my room without knocking. She opened the room with her master-key. I felt like breaking her head.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I came to this hotel for one reason - to relax and "recharge my batteries". At the time of arrival my health condition was definitely not the best - I was leading a very stressful life, was feeling anxious all the time, had digestion and skin problems and was feeling like I really needed a break. One week at Abad plaza hotel gave me that break I really needed - all my problems literally disappeared and I left all rested.

The service at the hotel was of a high standard. The rooms - although basic, were clean and with all the necessary amenities. The only problem was wife - which was can use 2 hours per day but it’s free of charge. The atmosphere - very nice and calming and there is also a very lovely swimming pool filled with fresh water.

The food was amazing, fresh and of high quality with heaps of fresh fruit and juice every day! If you are taking the treatment, you also get a special vegetarian food. However all the waiters are attentive and always smile.

The treatments are prescribed after a consultation with your doctor and its take around 2 hours first day before you start treatments. I believe, if you really take the treatments seriously and follow all the guidance (for instance, you are advised to rest, stay out of sun, avoid swimming and physical exercises after most of the treatments), you can really see the results.

Room Tip: Most treatments advice against using air conditioners, therefore booking a room with one might not b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo