This boutique hotel is worth living in if you want to breathe in old times in Kochi. It is unique in architecture with its huge rooms and wooden floors. An old Jewish family ...Gladys and Sato Koder....lived here with their dogs. The ground floor was for their entourage of servants. They were lovely, kind and hospitable...with cocktail hours when friends ...including my grandparents and me....dropped in and chatted and gossiped ( I played with the dogs). I am not sure how well maintained it is but when I visited a few years ago was still reasonably clean. The park outside which today looks like a crowded bazaar was green and quiet in the old days and the fishing nets in full view. Imagine it that way and enjoy !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Koder House. Koder House is a three-story heritage boutique hotel opposite the beach at Fort Kochi, Kerala, India. Until recently, it belonged to the most illustrious Cochin Jewish family, the Koders. This House had been a host to Presidents, Prime Ministers, Viceroys, Ambassadors, Nobel Laureates, Hollywood Directors and prominent dignitaries. This dwelling also finds a prominent place on Intach's list of heritage sites, and a visit to Fort Kochi is considered to be incomplete without a visit to this historic monument. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Koder House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koder House Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Koder Hotel Kochi
- Koder House Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India