“World is here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ann's Residency

Ann's Residency
Ranked #40 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Dehradun
“World is here...”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I am very fond of explore new places and visit there. We were 6 friends who planned to visit kerela. We surf the internet for best hotels in kerela and found "Ann's Residency" after gone through with its interior and prices we planned to book for the same. We have spent a wonderful week there. The hotel was fabulous, situated in a wonderful location, well behaved staff, and the cuisine was excellent. We had an awesome and relaxing stay there which is unforgettable. Hats off to you! For next holiday trip I am planning to visit kerela with my family and no doubt that we will stay in the “Ann’s Residency” for sure. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Akash R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Jammu
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Myself – Ramesh had visited job tour at Cochin for 2 days last month, I decided to stay at Ann's Residency, as one of my friend has suggested to stay there.

It was good experience at hotel, It was like home stay arrangement. Hotel staff was very helpful. I was new to that city. Hotel staff has also guided me about that city. Room were spacious and clean. On demand they have provided me taxi. My stay was fine there.
There was some problem in my bathroom but when I reported them they corrected. What I found there is , service was excellent. They suggested about good places to eat and places to see. The are is very quit.

The host was very nice person. He assisted with everything. The place looks very nice with beautiful garden at entrance. Hotel is an old Portuguese villa that has been well maintained. The location is amazing, it is just near to Chinese nets, Fort are and the Dutch cemetery. I had visited there Jain temple, Jewish synagogue and the Dutch Palace.
I have visited many places there.

If I will again get a chance to come this city, I will prefer to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Vasco Da Gama, Goa, India
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Our family trip to Kerala was amazing..all thanks to Mr. Leslie of Ann's Residency. We contacted him before we reached there and he planned our entire tour perfectly. Right from pick to drop everything was perfectly managed.
Ann's Residency is an amazing place. Lovely spacious rooms, good English breakfast, Wi-Fi and lovely people. The stay was awesome. He even arranged transport and Hotels in all the places we visited. All our friends and relatives are surely going to his place when they tour Kerala.. \m/

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We were only looking for a hotel in Fort Kochi before leaving to our early morning flight to Munich. We wished we had known the place before!! Comfortable rooms with a bath tub (!) in an rustic old Portuguese villa, a nice quiet garden and a terrace cafe, a restaurant where you can order things which are not in the menu and a very very helpful host invite to stay some more days to discover Kochi strolling around. On our next trip we will spend the first days here at Leslie's place before we start our Ayurvedia treatments in Dr. Vijith's centre in Vaikom. Thanks for the excellent service and the free wifi!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Iris M
Dakota, Illinois
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I have Heard a lot from my friends that India is a land of amazing variety. I picked kerala as the first place of my stay and ound to my surprise that it is truly amazing and serene. I was picked up from the airport in the cab arranged by Mr.Leslie the host at Anns residency.
this grandoise place is located close to the beach, the bishop palace, the dutch cemetary and is a really wonderful place to stay in.
the rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful also there is wifi....and Allepey houseboats are real grand and should not be missed if you are staying in kerala......
the place also provides great breakfast and has a grand garden which is in fact a very welcoming sight.. highly recommend to all

Room Tip: balcony rooms are real treat...you can read and enjoy the presence of nature
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank anna_kareina
Copenhagen
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Leslie is one hell of a host! From the time that we parked the car in the driveway to the point we drove away for the airport we had him by our side, assisting with everything imaginable. The place looks very nice, rustic with a well-tended garden at the entrance. It is an old Portuguese villa that has been well maintained. The location is amazing – 10 minutes walk to the Chinese nets, Fort area, Santa Cruz Basilica, the Dutch cemetery. A tip to visit the spice market, Jain temple, Jewish synagogue and the Dutch Palace – take a tuk-tuk from outside the B&B. The drivers are super sweet and for 100Rs. an hour they can get you to see all the above attractions in little more than an hour – and you can dictate which places and for how long you want to spend your time there. The rooms at the B&B are cozy, with mosquito nets on the beds as an extra protection from the gazillion mosquitoes always ready to feast on you. The bathrooms are clean but in need of refurbishment. Two of the rooms we got had a terrace and a balcony which we used quite a lot. Otherwise the big windows in the rooms let in plenty of daylight. We had reserved three bedrooms for two days, but with a gap of three days between those two days. I reserved these rooms through an email communication with Leslie, and I must say he was extremely prompt and accommodating on every request. We could even keep our luggage with him while we went touring other parts of Kerala. From suggesting good places to eat & places to see, to lending good books & booking taxis at reasonable rates – he assists with everything you would need. The breakfast is basic and made to order. The area is very quiet so you get a good night’s sleep. I cannot recommend this place enough. Please don’t go there expecting hotel facilities. It is a family trying to do their best to accommodate guests as best as they can and they are, in my opinion, doing a good job. I have also checked other B&Bs in the vicinity that have similar tariffs but half the charm and service. Therefore, give this place a try for the remarkable hospitality.

Room Tip: The entrance/garden facing rooms and the back courtyard facing room with a balcony are really good.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SupremeSerendipity
Pune
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I traveled in Oct'12 with my family., very good & pleasant place to relax..!

Rooms are comfortable & cozy., out of 3 rooms where we stayed, one of the room (# 9) has AC water dripping on bed, as we stayed for single nite, we felt not to bother Mr.Leslie & family..!, so we switched off the AC :)

Only the hitch is besides good breakfast they don't provide any food., we need to depend on nearby restaurants., oceanos on beach side else there are good & small restaurants at queens street ., watching restaurants & stores for a moment I felt like I'm in goa..all are at walkable distance..which is a definitely a plus staying here..!

Mr.Leslie thanks a lot for wonderful breakfast., we all enjoyed it..! also I recommend please help ALL your guests with cab service..!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family