“Comfortable ”
Review of Time Square

Time Square
Ranked #90 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
“Comfortable ”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel. Room is clean, there is a small water leaking incident in the bathroom stink but they rectified it soon. Had good food as well. But the most frustrating thing was their card swiping machines not working, so had to go to atm to get cash.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this review, 16 October 2013

Greetings from Time Square Hotel !!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting a great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We have noted your comments as it is indeed the pre-eminent barometer by which we can measure our achievements and shortfalls, in providing the best of services to our valued guests.

+91 99470 99430

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Colombo
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Checkin 20/08/2013
Overall experience i had in this hotel was very good.
When it comes to cleaniness this hotel was upto really good standard and all the rooms were clean and perfect.
The lobby , restaurant , stairs and corridors were all clean and perfect.
The housekeeping staff did their work in a very proffesional way. The best part was when one of my family member's phone had fallen between two matresses and he had no idea about the phone misplaced, the housekeeping staff and the supervisor/manager were really nice and genuine to come and return it back.
Therefore a thumbs up for safety and trust in this hotel. I was really impressed..
Location of this hotel is wonderful, walking distance to MG Road and and very close to marine drive (2kms)
and other attractions.
Rooms were clean with good and clean linen provided. Toilet/bathroom was clean as well with great water pressure in the shower.
The only drawback about rooms are size. But overall rooms were maintained well and was very clean.
Service provided by this hotel staff was great, very professional and friendly.
Efficient staff at the reception.
Friendly and helpful bell boy.
Housekeeping done well.
Efficient staff at the restaurant.

This hotel even has a restaurant called '4 seasons'. Variety of dishes available at this restaurant.
The ambience inside this restaurant is really nice. The restaurant has been setup and designed in a really nice way.
We were provided breakfast which is inclusive with the rooms we booked.
The breakfast was really good.
They offered a pretty decent menu.
Idli,thosa, sambar,chutney
poori and channa masala
Egg prepared to your choice
Fruit juice
Cereal with milk
Coffee/tea

The overall experience for my family and myself in this hotel was great.
Really good class of service provided by all staff members.
This hotel is suitable for both families and people who wish to stay for business purposes.

• Stayed August 2013
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this review, 23 September 2013

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very decent hotel with easy access. Had a pleasant stay. Room was clean. Bathroom was tidy and neat. Staff were very courteous. Food was very nice and tasty. Definitely a value for money hotel. Easy access from the main junction. very calm locality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this review, 20 August 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Location was good. Very near to MG Road. The rooms are comfortable but small in size. The bathroom was nice but house keeping staff need more training. The restaurant is really good. Had our dinner there & really enjoyed. I stayed only one night on my way to MUNNAR.
The break fast was not elaborate.
GOOD FOR A SHORT STAY.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this review, 20 August 2013

West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Overall I was happy with my one night stay on June 3rd (2013)

Staff: very good
Room: A/c worked. Room was clean. Size adequate.
Bathroom: It was clean. Towels seemed washed but with very little soap! Shower worked perfectly with good pressure. One warning: remove TP from its holder before taking a shower otherwise you will have a completely soaked roll!

Yes, I will recommend to stay here. I would if I have to go back.

Don't rent a taxi from the hotel. This holds good for all other hotels too in South India. If you want to save money directly contact the travel agency that rent out taxies. I over paid at least 10k in rupees for a 17 day deal.

Another caution about "prepaid" rickshaws in Ernakulum (where this hotel is located):- it very SHADY. Next time I will take rickshaw or cab directly instead of prepaid. Not trust worthy. I very clearly told the clerk where I wanted to go and yet he purposefully - I am very sure it was deliberately- wrote the name of another hotel on the slip. Without looking at the slip I got into the rickshaw and ended up at a very different hotel in the middle of night. I insisted to take me to Time Square. He eventually did but not without charging me extra money.

All else is good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this review, 6 July 2013

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is a very decent hotel option for business travellers & couples alike. The restaurant (4 Seasons) served good food. The hotel rooms were comfy & adequately sized. Though cleanliness needs improvement in this hotel & restaurant, i didn't find it a major annoyance due to my very short overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this review, 6 July 2013

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The hotel location was excellent, with good and safe premises, The front desk was warm, especially with Mr .Prathyush there. Hassle free check in with in 2 minutes. I was surprised that, eventhough I didnt make any conformation of arrival, the desk took us , as if they were expecting us at any moment.. The rooms were ready and needed no waiting. Rooms were clean and tidy, even though a bit small, but sufficient for one day stay for a family of three. Extra bed was offered with pleasure... but space??. The lunch at 4 seasons, the restaurant worth mentoning. It satisfies the taste buds of every one the, veggies and non veggies and the ambience was good. The complimentary breakfast was good, even though limited in variety. Only draw back I felt is that, the room service starts after 7.00 am, even for tea, which is too late for people like me.

Room Tip: Go for higher option if you want space