Time Square
Brunton Boatyard(Kochi (Cochin))
US$195
US$159
Agoda.com
Lake Symphony Resort(Kochi (Cochin))
US$42
US$39
Hotel Excellency(Kochi (Cochin))
US$22
US$20
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmg roadbusiness hotelrooms are smallrecommend this hotelroom serviceernakulam stationshort staystayed here for one nightpleasant staybuffet breakfasteasy accesslocation is excellenthotel is situatedcleanlinessindiafort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Time square is a good 1 night stay option in cochin. Has a very good location. Markets are a close by option.

Breakfast options are limited and the buffet needs improvement.

Rooms are comfortable and clean.

A small sitting area in the corridor is a good choice for someone with time in hand and want to enjoy a cup of tea.

For a quick stay and out option, this hotel is a fantastic option.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Namaskaram from Time Square Kochi !!!!!!!!!

We thank you very much for taking out time to post your review on Tripadvisor for recent stay at Time Square Hotel Kochi

We are very delighted to know that you appreciated our Team Members, room experience, dining experience and the over all stay experience with us. We are happy to share this wonderful review with our team and your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our service. We will make necessary changes in the buffet breakfast.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Time Square Kochi in the near future. Thank you!

Regards

Manager - Hotel Operations

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Last month had a business conference in cochin .My company booked room in Time Square and it was a excellent stay for 3 nights.Especially the Staffs was so friendly and polite in their behaviour. Cleanliness was also upto the mark.Eldhose Abraham the head of front office is doing an excellent job so have appreciate him separately. Looking forward to stay there soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings From Time Square Hotel Cochin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Guest, Namaskaram ! I thank you for taking your time out to write a wonderful review. I have passed on your compliments to the team. We hope to see you back here for a longer stay !

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked an executive room at this hotel. The first room I was allocated was small, noisy and grubby. The walls were so thin that the noise and conversations from another room could be clearly heard... Including their screaming child.

I insisted on being moved otherwise I would check out immediately. The night manager agreed to this and moved me to a stand-alone room which was so much better.

The towels really need to be changed as the white actually looks gray! The bathroom has a weird smell so balls of camphor are placed in the drains.

Requests for basic supplies like toilet paper were ignored to the point that I had to go down to reception and ask... And then told 'Indian people don't use toilet paper!'

The only good thing about this hotel is the restaurant. The chef is highly talented and staff in the restaurant efficient.

When I tried to checkout staff could not find the receipts etc... It was inefficient and terrible!!!

Having staying in several hundred hotels across the globe this hotel needs to understand what an executive room looks like. They fall so far off the mark that they only deserve 1 to 1.5 stars. By far one of the WORST hotels I have EVER stayed in. Never, ever again!!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
faraaz_9, Manager at Time Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Time Square Hotel !!!!!!

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. I have made a note of your comment about noise from the other room and room supplies, we will take necessary action against it to rectify it.
It was truly shocking and disappointing for us that the bathrooms are smelling and I sincerely apologize for that. I have spoken to the House keeper regarding it , and taken initiated action on this. Once again , thank you for pointing out our lapse so that we can improve on it.

We hope you will come back, and I will personally ensure that you are taken care better

Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were to visit Kochi to attend a wedding. On checking Google maps, I found that Time Square was the hotel closest to the wedding venue. So I checked out the reviews for Time Square on Tripadvisor, liked what I read and decided to stay there, and I must say I was not disappointed. The hotel is located off M. G. Road in serene surroundings. We traveled as a family of four, and stayed in two deluxe rooms. The rooms were large, very clean and comfortable. The young staff were very courteous and efficient. Room service was also very prompt. We only had breakfast at the restaurant, and the spread was ample. All in all the hotel is certainly good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Time Square Hotel Kochi, Kerala!!!!!!

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure to serve you and we are happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. Your feedback motivates us to keep improving our services to the higher standards.

Look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Manager - Opera tions

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I visited Cochin in the last week of December and stayed at Times Square Cochin, located very close to MG Road. Its a compact hotel with a nice restraunt overlooking the collectors bunglow. Its a clean location on a boulevad with pretty green surroundings. The hotel is clean with a courteous service. The hotel staff was kind to provide an extra bed late in the night. The food served was delicious and dinner buffet had a special topioca and fish delicacy with a candle lit background.The breakfast was very filling with hot idlis , dosa , omlette , bread , hot milk , cereals and breads.

Room Tip: GO for deluxe for a larger room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Time Square Hotel Kochi, Kerala!

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

Look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Manager - Opera tions