Star Lagoon, part of the Star Homes Group is a totally rundown apartment hotel, far away from the main sights of Kochi such as Fort Kochi etc, in a very residential area. Apparently renovations are underway. It would be best for this place to shut down, get renovated completed and ensure the management was most efficient and effective. For a price of Rs 2000/- for a one bedroom suite for two people per day, with all the issues below, this is a horrible place. We do not recommend it at all. The only saving grace was an extremely helpful housekeeping chap named Prince.
Some issues to highlight
1. 5 plug points in the one bedroom apartment suite, and only one worked.
2. Heater – Did not work. So we had “RUNNING WATER” , someone ran and got it for us, for one day only since the weather was hot enough for cold water baths.
3. Flush – Did not work, so you fill a bucket and pour it out into the pot.
4. AC needed repair, but a mechanic came and fixed it.
5. Bed – Sheets were old and worn out, and they were dusty. Pillows were ancient.
6. Curtains were moldy and layered with dust, since it was a peach colour it was very visible. Disgusting.
7. Most of the staff were unavailable on the Saturday we were there. This meant that even though we went for breakfast by 8 am, the food laid out was sparse and the whole dining area looked as if a tornado came there. Plates & Food strewn about the place, the tables were not wiped out. The look of it all made us lose our appetites for breakfast. By the way – this is charged extra.
8. TV had no remote.
9. Only two lights worked.
10. No good shops or basic grocery conveniences within walking distance.
11. Don’t care attitude of reception staff – even after repeated calls, they had no clue of our booking till I jogged their memory of our e-mail/phone communications.
12. Not at all recommended for tourists who are coming to visit the sights of the region, as most sights at 30-60 mins away from this place by car. If you still want to come here because it may work out budget wise and can put up with all of the above, then ensure you have a vehicle and driver handy to take you around, and have all home delivery food numbers within the area. Apparently it works out cheap for very large groups, as we saw 4 buses of children come to stay here on a bus tour for one night only and some folks who looked like sportspersons on some tournament
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Star Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Lagoon Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Star Lagoon Kochi (Cochin), Kerala, India