Star Lagoon
Taj Malabar Resort & Spa Cochin(Kochi (Cochin))
US$121
Flora Airport Hotel(Nedumbassery)
US$73
US$57
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I recently stayed here with a large group of friends going by everything they mentioned on their website,everything was booked with the manager before we left England! When we got there- none of the rooms were available- a 3/4 bed suite doesn't even exist so we had to be split up! Their gym- is a set of 1 dumbell and some chest press shared with a snooker table?NO HEALTH CLUB-certainly isn't a gym! I had my 2yr old son with me and brought some food over to cook as they mentioned each room has a kitchen and stove-none of which they have-even if they did you would have to provide ur own utensils! only the 2 beds have a sink basin in a work top- with taps that don't work! When I went to question this at reception and told them how decieving the information on the web is, all they could do us laugh! My friends staying had to complain on numerous occasions as the waiters were adding on items to their bill they didn't even order. Everytime I asked to speak with the Manager he was always out or asleep?!!! As if my stay wasn't bad enough here- my son slipped on a wet floor and cut his head open on a tiled ledge ,I ran to reception asking for help and a first aid kit which contained one plaster- literally! So they arranged for a member of staff to take his car to take my son to hospital which they demanded Rs500 for to take me round the corner as if the hotel and hospital didn't rinse me enough of my money already! The pool- was clean but next to the mucky end of the river where all the rubbish is so everytime u went for a swim u had to put up with the sewer smell ...as well as the pervets(staff) from the kitchen peering through the window at you! Rooms are very standard- ok if ur after a bedsit like stay! Food was ok but as usual everytime we asked for something it was never on the menu! Don't stay here, especially with kids. If we didn't book it all in advance we would not have stayed here a minute longer- so cheaper is not always the best option!

2  Thank 693,562
Reviewed 22 January 2010

It is slur on name of hotel business, Someone converted the apartment building into hotel. It is very hard to locate it.
It is situated near sewerage like canal.

Rooms are very dirty, bad food, very small bathroom and rooms are in terrible condition. Staff do not care guests.

Overall it was very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sankath
Reviewed 5 January 2010

The rooms are ordinary, does not seem to be worth the room rent. Also, the approach to the hotel is not good. One has to travel for about 1 KM on single lane roads with confusing turns.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ShashiBK
Reviewed 23 November 2009

The problem with hotel is that it is an apartment hotel with two bedrooms & a large sitting area.One bedroom is good with fair sized bathroom but other room is smaller and the bathroom is so small that you can'nt imagine.In order to brush your teeth in this bathroom basin you will have to sit on the comode! Even the aeroplane bathroom is larger than this one.The sitting room is uselessly large.We stayed at 12th floor.The veiw from balcony was good & Service efficient.Keeping this in veiw the charge which we paid (Rs.3200 per day for one apartment) is high.
Therefore I suggest that while checking in take a peep in the bathroom attached to your room.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Prasad_KR
Reviewed 21 May 2008

The Hotel is really good with excellent facilities and a great view of the backwaters, with lush greenery everywhere. The rooms are very well furnished with excellent facilities, a serviced apartment. The swimming pool is right on the bank of the back waters and the hotel has a variety of exotic birds like the emu.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank T0bin