“ok ok Type”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Central

Park Central
Ranked #132 of 201 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Chennai (Madras), India
“ok ok Type”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Positives, Location, Nice Rooms, Good Ambiance, Staff. Reasonable rates. But Need improvements on the Following Points. Food Quality and the Standard of service, Maintenance.
overall a decent place to stay in cochin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rajeevbala84
SienaCentral, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our location, rooms, Ambiance, staff and tariff.
I will seriously look into the areas for improvement that you have noted and will make sure that our guests are well taken care of
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Cochin!
Lijo Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is located at a very convenient place and close to business central district of cochin. I had visited there for a business trip and had a wonderful stay. I would recommend people to try sea food there.

Room Tip: Eat food in their restaurant its yummy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review and wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My trip to cochin started with the stay at park central hotel. Its a decent hotel with ample services. One thing that i would have loved was internet connectivity in my room. Also I would like to mention the courteous staff of Park central, they were very helpful and pleasant to talk with.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here because of the 25% discount that I got on makemytrip.com
The location is good, quiet peaceful. Commutable distance to Ernakulam Town station.
The room was simple, nothing extra. No WIFI in the room.......just that there were lots of mosquitoes. I don't know how so many were there. In Kerala it is normal to get mosquitoes as complimentary service along with the rooms regardless of how many stars the hotel may claim to have. But this was too many. I killed atleast 20 mosquitoes. I secured my own mosquito spray to terminate them. Besides this problem, the service is nice and the rooms are also good.
The bathroom is ok. No bathtub. The shower had good water force. Since it was little cold in the morning, it took a bucket of water to be released after which I could interact with really hot water. Had a great shower.
Breakfast is complimentary and served in the restaurant below. Just keep in mind that it has a buffet spread but you can ask for any kind of eggs made. They will get it made inside the kitchen.
They have a bar and also serve alcohol in the room, so that's plus point in Kerala.
Yes, I don't mind staying here again on my next business trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
SienaCentral, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our property. We really appreciate the positive comments and the kind words.
I would like to personally apologize for the problems faced due to mosquitoes during your stay with us.
And we have taken remedial measures to avoid mosquitoes.
We look forward to your next visit to Park Central and want you to know that we truly value your business!
Best Regards,

gm@parkcentral.in
Wymondham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

After viewing rooms in several local hotels, I took a room at the Park Central as it was the best priced room that was not a hovel, and the best located for my in-laws in Kaloor, with reliable wireless Internet connectivity in the lobby and in the bar.

I was staying in Kaloor because my fiancée's family's home was in the nearby DD Platinum Planet complex. Our marriage would be taking place in Kozhikode later that month, we were about to host many guests from India and abroad, and we were busy planning all the details.

On three occasions my fiancée came to visit me and we took my laptop computer to my room, which was more comfortable than the sole desk and chair in the hotel lobby. All of the travel and accommodation plans for our guests were in a spreadsheet on my laptop. Nothing was said about this during my fiancée's first two visits. On her third visit, though, a steely-eyed manager with a tilak on her forehead (I don't know her name) eyed us as we walked along the corridor to my room. Just two minutes after we had closed the door, the room telephone rang. I answered and the desk staff told me, "Sir, actually girls are not allowed in the room."

Yes, that's right, you read correctly: the staff assumed that my fiancée was a prostitute. My fiancée was justifiably livid, and we marched downstairs to the desk to tell them that I was checking out of the hotel immediately, and that they had just lost a large group booking for our wedding guests. (In the end, we placed our guests at a hotel near Ernakulam Town railway station, which was less conveniently located for my in-laws and more expensive, but at least properly respectful of my fiancée's honour.)

It's a shame that this hotel is run by such obnoxious people, because the service and amenities exceed those of every other hotel in the local area. The wireless Internet (which does not extend to the rooms but can be used from the lobby and the adjacent bar) is reliable, the breakfast is plentiful and inclusive, the rooms are clean and the bar has decent beer and snacks. In fact I was going to write a very positive review, and we were going to accommodate our wedding guests here, until the staff decided to so mistreat my fiancée.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
11 Thank Matthew B
SienaCentral, General Manager at Park Central, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to the captioned guest, during his stay at our hotel, The Park Central. We apologies for the inconvenience.
In this regard we would like to highlight the fact that as per hotels rules and regulations guests are not permitted in the guest rooms without approval from the front office. This policy has been formulated for the security and comfort for all the guests staying in the hotel. As the captioned guest stayed in the hotel on single occupancy basis, when a visitor was noticed in guest room by an executive of the hotel, she promptly informed the guest about hotel policy. The inconvenience caused could have been avoided had the guest informed the front office or the executive that the guest was his fiancée and they were just working on the laptop in the room. However, even though we are sorry for the inconvenience caused we cannot change the hotel policy in future too, as this has been formulated for the comfort for all the guests staying with us.
At this juncture we would like to place on record our sincere thanks for all the good feedback posted about our hotel by the guest even after facing inconvenience. This is very encouraging.
We do really appreciate this gesture.

Thanks & Regards

Travellers are raving about these Kochi (Cochin) hotels

Lom, Norway
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at Park Central for to weeks. We had good, clean rooms, which were quiet
at night although the hotel is located central. The food in the hotel restaurant was very
good. The service was excellent and we as a family with children ( 5, 11, 14 years old ) felt very comfortable during our stay. Next time in Kochi this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Andreas W
Bhopal, India
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It a beautiful and very confortable hotel in Kochi. Rooms are clean and cozy. We stayed here for two days and our stay was very good. Its near to the main market "Broadway". We visited Kochi in mid december and Broadway market was full of offers for the Christmas.

Food in hotel is aslo very good especially Typical Kerela Food.

Room Tip: Do not miss hotel's southindian brekfast. It a better and best way to start a day.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple