“Cheated”
Review of Dal Roti

Dal Roti
Ranked #15 of 958 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Cheated”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited with some close friends and family. The food must have been good, but the owner never let us try it out. Long story short, the owner was unbelievably rude and threw his weight around, proudly saying, "My restaurant. My rules. If you want you sit, or else you shut up and get out." And then proceeded to insult our family and friends. We didn't want to create a fuss, so we paid for the food that we didn't touch and left. Never will we visit such a crass place again. So disappointed. Everyone things its a good place to eat, according to reviews, but it was so nasty for all of us at Dal Roti in Fort Kochi.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank caseynf

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Munich
“Food was good but....”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The food was good and service okay. But that was all. After eating we didn´t want tp spent a minute longer in the restaurant. We were placed in some sort of backroom which was ugly and hot. If you get a place in the front part of the restaurant it might be nice but if you are placed in the back I would suggest to leave and come back later.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Andrea1207
“Extremely rude owner”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was at this restaurant with couple of my friends and because one was running late we pre ordered food .. But when he reached the owner stopped him saying its closed and he needs go back .

We politely tried to convince him that the food has been already ordered and the same was communicated to our Waiter.

"The is my restaurant I make the rules not you " You can leave if you want ,I am not stopping you .

The conversation turned to an argument and he threatened to call the cops .

We stopped eating cos my friend had been denied to have food in a restaurant we asked for the bill and we got a paper on which the owner has scribbled and just written the amount. We asked to clarify whether we were charged for the food we ordered for our friend because that was returned and the owner promptly said" you ordered it not me " being in the service industry my self. This had to be the worst experience and the worst human being I have come across ..

Pathetic service is an understatement for this place.

6 Thank Remosavi99
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Terrible Food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Went to dal roti post reading good reviews on tripadvisor. However it was a total disaster. Their speciality is north indian food, but sadly they dont know how to perpare it. The chicken dishes were terrible. The rotis were half cooked. The chicken biryani was just like fried rice with bits of tandoori chicken in it & rice overdone with orange colour. Over all a bad experience.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank RanjanaVijan
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The owner is lovely and the staff were helpful.

Ordered a double kati roll and it was way too much for me, but the owner vacuum packed it for me and I shall have the rest for lunch tomorrow. Also fairly priced!

Brilliant staff and brilliant food, would definitely recommend this, just wait until you're very hungry!

• Visited May 2014