“a pleasant place”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Kottayam
Bengaluru, India
“a pleasant place”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

we stayed at this place for a day on our way to kumarokom.we got a cottage overlooking the lake,it was clean and well maintained,the concept of the bedroom at a mezanine level with typical kerala architecture was very good,the open to sky bathroom was also nice.
The restaurant served hot and tasty food and the staff were courteous too.
As it is a resort we expected some activities but unfortunately apart from the swimming pool,they did not have have a games room or any kind of outdoor game equipments,They have a nice outdoor stage where they could have arranged for some native folk art.These short comes if fulfilled,i think it would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed the weekend of August 2 as a place to rest in kottayam . The service was great, and the cottage was spacious and clean with comfortable beds. We purchased the cottage through booking .com and got a heck of a deal for such a nice hotel.
very nice sun set cruise arranged by the resort travel desk .very good dinner buffet .morning walked through the village area , it was very great experience.
All in all, we had a nice stay and would definitely stay there again. It was a lovely resort and would highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: lake facing cottage #118
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank prayaanam
Pune
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I became particularly intrigued with the town of Kottayam when I heard about the two firsts which it had; it was the first city in India to achieve 100% literacy (in late 1980s) and also became the first Indian tobacco free district in late 2000s!! I had previously not heard about the place and given my inquisitive nature I decided to ‘cultivate’ the nitty gritties of the place. I took the aid of Antilog Vacations ( who r very good fr kerala exotic trips) and booked a 4 day trip to the gods country. They gave me a hotel booking at the Lake Village Heritage Resort for 2 days also covering munnar at the later stage

As I proceeded towards my hotel in my cab I was told that the city of Kottayam was also known as Akshara Nagari given its legacy of literatures. The resort’s property was surrounded by the still back waters. I was immediately directed to my room and my luggage followed.

A spacious 45 sq mt room with all essential amenities was laid out for me. The manger asked me to come over for the buffet lunch and I was really spoiled by the kingly experience that the crew provided. The tap in my washroom was having some problems and they sent the plumber down to my room within minutes. The issue was sorted out and he left with a smile.

A traditional houseboat stood in the lake as I went for a stroll after lunch. Coupled with the serene backwater the boat presented a picturesque canvas. I got a nice look of the cottages which appeared to be an artful blend of ancient frameworks and the garden bathrooms opening to the sky appeared a perfect place for both couples and solitude seeking travelers like me.

Honestly u wud be love with kottayam & hotel is just adequate to suit a normal traveller’s need in all ways., Thus, a recommended place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank krishan s
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Awesome location
Great views
Decent food
Good facilities
Very helpful and polite staff
Good hospitality
Your money's worth

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I know we are at the same place reviewed many times in tripadvisor.com, but it is nothing like described. The Windsor House and The Heritage Resort are one and the same. Check-in is done for both at The Windsor. Maybe The Heritage Resort used to be a nice place. It really has the potential. The grounds have many venues that look like they used to host functions, including an outdoor ‘amphitheater’. Now just mosquitoes and the odd crow reside in them. The pools look nice, but are definitely devoid of people. Where are the guests in such a well-reviewed hotel? The proclaimed Ayurvedic Spa is a small building at the end of a long walk. I tried to check it out for my wife two separate times. The first time there was a lady who disappeared into a back room as I approached. That was the extent of life there. The second time the place was empty. I never got to talk to anyone and there were no brochures. The hotel website advertises sunset boat rides. I went to the pier and could not locate anyone to discuss options. Wireless access is advertised but was not available in our assigned room. Front Desk Management refused to do anything about the problem. After failed discussions with the desk staff another Manager was brought forward. He authorized a move to a room where the wireless worked. It is unfortunate we have 2 nights booked here. The new room in The Windsor is pleasant. The air con works and the shower is sometimes hot. There is so much that could be done with this location!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DennisUSA
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stayed here unplanned. But we enjoyed our stay every bit of it. This is an Ayurvedic&Heritage resort, located on the front of backwaters. The cottages are awesome, built traditional style.

The garden overlooks the backwaters.The lawn is so neatly maintained that we can allow our children to play outside.

The atmosphere we were feeling there was excellent. Its calm and quiet there

The restaurant is nice.The staff were extremely friendly and were ready to help whenever we needed something. The location is a bit away from the city. We tried the ayurvedic massage and it was quite rejuvenating.

Room Tip: All rooms are lake facing
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank miayan
new delhi,vasant kunj
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We chose The Lake Village based on our friends' recommendation. It was perfect in every way. The service is always outstanding,. The staff was so incredibly kind and thoughtful to our children
The greenery and the lake area around the cottages charm you on your first visit.... the resort is so beautifully planned ... and the rooms are very comfortable and clean...plus the service is excellent... staff is prompt and courteous. You can spend hours roaming around in the resort or enjoying the various activities like fishing , , swimming pool, ayurveda etc. You can also take in a boat ride organized by the hotel and also an early morning visit to the bird sanctuary.
Food is very tasty and I never had before such a nice food in any of the Hotels in my Kerala travel experience. The Chef is very cooperative and helpful in cooking food as per our requirement.
In summary it is a very relaxing, natural and peaceful place, which I would visit again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank vartika m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kottayam
The Windsor Castle
#2 of 26 in Kumarakom
Hotel Aida
Hotel Aida
#2 of 28 in Kottayam

Been to The Lake Village Heritage Resort? Share your experiences!