My wife, son and I had high hopes for the place and wanted to stay for two weeks but ended up having to rent another place altogether because this place was impossible to stay at.
Our nightmare started few days before the day (28th Dec) we were intending on starting our stay at the place. After no response trying to contact the owner for a final reconfirmation, we got in touch with the local contact and was told the previous customer had extended their stay and the place wouldn't be available for rent two days later than the original intended day. There was no notification of any kind about this double booking and I would have been in for a really big shock if I had showed up at the place intending to start my stay from my original booking day. I requested for a refund of the advance payment of Rs.15,000 but was told the advance couldn't be refunded even though they wouldn't even have the place ready for my stay until two days later. There was also no mention of any cancellation policy at anytime over the two months of communication I had with the owner about booking and renting the place. Left with no choice I agreed to stay for 5 nights from 4th Jan using the advance payment I had already made. I wasn't aware at this stage that I was in for even more disappointments.
After reaching the place to start my stay, I was shown around the place by the caretaker. This is a really spacious building with 3 bath attached bedrooms, a living room, dining room and a big kitchen. After the caretaker left, the local contact showed up to further explain DOs and DONTs. After a lengthy 30min long explanation, and after providing ID proofs for everyone staying at the place our nightmare continued.
The house does not allow shoes. After walking around the place we noticed that the floor was really dirty. There was dried up food all over the living room from the previous functions held at the place. We found big lumps of hair in the bathroom drain (See attached pics). There was not even a good bar of soap. There was also no hot water in the shower. After talking to the local contact about this we were told to drain water for 1 minute for the water to turn hot. But after draining water for many minutes there was still no hot water. We thought of making some hot water on the stove in the kitchen but to our utter disappointment there was no gas connection to the stove in the kitchen and was told the stove was faulty and to make hot water I would have to go to an attached building outside the main house and use a second stove to make hot water. Very very disappointed.
I got in touch with the local contact the next day to clean the place up. But was told they wouldn't be able to clean the place because they did not have a spare key. Ultimately, they wouldn't clean the place during the entire duration of our stay. I could go on and on about the big mosquitoes, spiders, bed bug bites my son had to encounter, unremorseful caretaker etc etc but I believe you get the idea. Do yourself a big favor and find another place. This place is not at all worth anyone's time or money.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|