“Not so great these days”
Review of Pearl Regency

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kottayam
Pearl Regency
Ranked #26 of 58 Kottayam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have stayed there for 8 nights till now over the past 4 months. I liked the hotel in my first stay there. Now, I feel that the hotel is into too much cost cutting. Out of my 8 nights stay there, only one day there was a buffet breakfast and other days I had to order food (Complimentary, ofcourse) - which wastes time if you are on a business trip. They switch off all the lights in the common areas except the lights in the lobby. It gives a gloomy feel throughout the day.

The rooms are comfortable and the sleep quality is good. They have LCD TV with good selection of channels. The restaurant serves very good food. No complaints. Try their Karimeen Polichadhu - it is very good. The staff are very friendly

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank JustL0veTravel

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were 2 couples and we Travelled from Yercaud to Kottayam for a special function. Even though we have facility to stay at residence our partners (friends ) wanted to stay in hotels we choosed the Hotel Pearl Regency.

Rooms was good and very clean.

Food we enjoyed a level of limitation B'coz we had programs outside.
Only the breakfast we had there and some room service in the night.

The service is good and sleeping quality was ok.

In kottayam to get a room with AC for the said Cost is reasonable.

Any way we had enjoyed our stay there.Thanks to all staff @ Pearl Regency.

Room Tip: Good rooms with nice amenities
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hrdkuwaitmoh
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We are three families came here for leisure trip, we had excellent experience. One of the advantage here for our trip we got three room together with dining and kitchen facility apartment very special room so we stayed together and we enjoyed lot. Food, service and all over ambiance excellent. We are from Chennai we booked for only one day but we stayed two days here.

Room Tip: Apartment for two or three families travel togather
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Paneershelvom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

When we reach at night the reception was good, the ambiance of lobby was nice, realy we enjoyed the stay, food, service everithing good. Room was very nice before we reach to this hotel we serch some other hotel also but we actract with the camness and higene.

Room Tip: Appartment (three room plus dininig plus kitchen (we were two families)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KamarajIIT
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We two adults, received warm welcome at the reception, food and service was excellent
Room is very good value for money 100% received, bell boy was very good/ Gre was very good and we had nice sleep. we went for business meeting the conferance also very good

Room Tip: Suite room is excellent
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Ramen_12
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We were 2 adults and 2 children (age 7 and 5) travelling in India for 1 month. We stayed 1 night at the Pearl Regency.

We read about the hotel in Lonely Planet but reality did not meet our expectations (for example there was no wifi despite LP writing so). We paid Rs. 4.500 for an AC room - but the temperature was 18C (feels freezing in India) and could not be adjusted. We turned off the AC but then it made a LOT of noise. Otherwise the room was ok (clean and spacious) and the service was also ok but not excellent. The hotel is placed on a big road a little outside the centre of Kottayam.

In my opinion this hotel does not offer value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I reached in night around 1AM. I had a booking so I got room imediately along with chilled water bottle (not free!). Room was good. I had a nice sleep. I opened the window while sleeping so morning Sun gave me good morning. I get ready and after B/F in the restaurant, I went to my conference. In the evening I had dinner. Quality was food was very good and tasty. I enjoyed south indian food there. In the night I checked out. Overall stay was confortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business