I have been to Hotel Westways multiple times earlier (even in it's former avatar as ITC Fortune). Therefore when I was booked into the hotel for a business trip, I knew what to expect.
However, this time round I was pleasantly surprised by the distinct improvement in the quality of service and the rooms.
Let's go for a detailed analysis:
1. Check-in and Check-out: The experience was smooth and took on average 4 mins. I normally ask the reception to keep my bills ready when ever I check out. Even after this, I see them running around when I get there ready to sprint to the next meeting or to catch a flight. However, at Westway they always prepared the bill on time. This is something I greatly appreciated.
2. Rooms: I always had very clean rooms while at Westway. However, once I did notice thick layers of dust in a room. This was the exception rather than the norm.
I did not however like the cable/set top box service in the rooms.
Sleep quality: I rate this as excellent as the rooms are silent.
3. Service: I liked the service I got at Westway.
Room Service - Was quick and very good
Laundry - I liked that they had my clothes ready for me by 9am inspite of handing them over at 10:30 pm
Travel Desk: They helped out with some commonly known places but were not able to help too much when it came to places and activities that were a bit off the tourist circuit.
Restaurants: Impressive service levels particularly at breakfast
4. Facilities: This is where Westway suffers the most
There is a small swimming pool and a gym but both, I felt, were not that great and just didnt serve the purpose.
Hmm...Westway always served me great kerala cuisine. I felt that the vast majority of dishes over there were made true to the original and avoided the "over-spiced" route that other hotels seemed to take. Strongly recommend the Kerala fish curries there. Some desserts - sorry, I didn't make a proper note and so can't name them accurately - were very good. These are continental desserts.
A bit difficult to comment about the suitability of the location, however, for those with business in and around the old city area and/or along the road to the west, this is a very good location to be in. Not to mention those who want to go on to Kannur.
I would recommend Westway for those you want a no-nonsense stay in Kozhikode particularly while on business. The great breakfast, silent rooms, excellent room service and smooth checkin & checkout make it a good place to be in.
If Westway improves the pool and the gym I would move the rating up a notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury beckons you at Westway Hotel, Calicut. A 3 Star Hotel, conveniently located at the heart of the historical cosmopolitan city Kozhikode, the land of Zamorins in the Malabar region of North Kerala, the Westway Hotel is ideal for both leisure and business travelers. Westway Hotel offers facilities and services perhaps better than that of a 5-star hotel. The Hotel has carved an identity of its own in fine hospitality in Calicut. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Westway Hotel Calicut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westway Hotel Calicut Kerala/Kozhikode, India