“It is not westway but worst way. Terrible hotel.”

Westway Hotel Calicut
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Kozhikode
Reviewed 11 June 2013

No sound proof rooms. No door bells. No hot water. Pathetic food at very high cost. Zero service. If you still want to come then enjoy hell experience. Dont waste ur valuable time of life by opting for this hotel. Writing from hotel room and eagerly waiting for morning to get out from here.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank CaptRaghavan

Reviewed 22 April 2013

nice rooms, good housekeeping, great breakfast, service was average but what i didnt understand was why i was made to sign when i asked for an ashtray in my room....certainly didnt look like a gold plated ashtray to me...:)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank manojd25
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Was at this hotel for a day during April 2013. Rooms were very neat and well maintained. Staff were courteous. Food quality ( Both Breakfast and Lunch) was excellent. Swimming pool was nice though did not have any chance to use that as my stay was very short from early morning till evening. Only suggestion is more variety could be added in the food. Lounge was quite grand in looks. Could be a natural choice for anyone needing a stay at Kozhikode

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I have been to Hotel Westways multiple times earlier (even in it's former avatar as ITC Fortune). Therefore when I was booked into the hotel for a business trip, I knew what to expect.

However, this time round I was pleasantly surprised by the distinct improvement in the quality of service and the rooms.

Let's go for a detailed analysis:
1. Check-in and Check-out: The experience was smooth and took on average 4 mins. I normally ask the reception to keep my bills ready when ever I check out. Even after this, I see them running around when I get there ready to sprint to the next meeting or to catch a flight. However, at Westway they always prepared the bill on time. This is something I greatly appreciated.

2. Rooms: I always had very clean rooms while at Westway. However, once I did notice thick layers of dust in a room. This was the exception rather than the norm.
I did not however like the cable/set top box service in the rooms.
Sleep quality: I rate this as excellent as the rooms are silent.

3. Service: I liked the service I got at Westway.
Room Service - Was quick and very good
Laundry - I liked that they had my clothes ready for me by 9am inspite of handing them over at 10:30 pm
Travel Desk: They helped out with some commonly known places but were not able to help too much when it came to places and activities that were a bit off the tourist circuit.
Restaurants: Impressive service levels particularly at breakfast

4. Facilities: This is where Westway suffers the most
There is a small swimming pool and a gym but both, I felt, were not that great and just didnt serve the purpose.

5. Food
Hmm...Westway always served me great kerala cuisine. I felt that the vast majority of dishes over there were made true to the original and avoided the "over-spiced" route that other hotels seemed to take. Strongly recommend the Kerala fish curries there. Some desserts - sorry, I didn't make a proper note and so can't name them accurately - were very good. These are continental desserts.

6. Location
A bit difficult to comment about the suitability of the location, however, for those with business in and around the old city area and/or along the road to the west, this is a very good location to be in. Not to mention those who want to go on to Kannur.

I would recommend Westway for those you want a no-nonsense stay in Kozhikode particularly while on business. The great breakfast, silent rooms, excellent room service and smooth checkin & checkout make it a good place to be in.

If Westway improves the pool and the gym I would move the rating up a notch.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ArunKrishnaPillai
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Not at all value for the tarriff they charge. The food is not good at all. Although breakfast is good. You can order idli/puri-sabzi/dosa+ Juice(Pineapple Juice only)+ tea+ Bread butter. The room is ok. Staff is not at all trained. I would suggest staying at Yuvarani which is only a tad costly but better service

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Pranav_Surana
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed here a few days in January 2013. The property is not well maintained and service is below average. Food quality is poor. Event at the discounted rate I felt it was not worth it. Unfortunately our choices are limited in Kozhikode.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ZachariahN
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here because we had a conference here. This was a fortune property but did not really feel like one. Good for maybe any other chain but not a fortune hotel. The rooms were good, the toiletries decent but a bit old. Food at lunch buffet was fine.

We had a small incident with the staff that spoiled it for all of us. The arrangements for our conference had come short coming which we pointed out. It was delaying the program and after a couple of interactions with a few staffers there, it was apparent there had been some miscommunication. However the way the guy incharge of banquets reacted was utterly unprofessional. Left a bad taste for everyone and things escalated to an extent that people swore not to stay with them anymore.

Apart from this, the stay was overall good

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business