“Beautiful beach”
Review of Kozhikode Beach

Kozhikode Beach
Ranked #15 of 74 things to do in Kozhikode
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a beautiful beach. I've been going here for over 10 years at least once a year. You really enjoy the waves as they come dashing against your feet, and even as you leave, you get the feeling the waves are calling you back, asking you not to leave. There's also a variety of shops to buy whatever you want. Do visit

All reviews
in 24 reviews
"sea"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I liked the retro feel and the people and the side walk nice pics , but I hatted that we just couldn't do anything else, No swimming of course and no sandy front , maybe we didnt research the area before going. We spent 10 minutes taking pictures and planing the next stop.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Calicut beach is just one km away from kozhikode railway station. Not much to see here. Can take few photographs. Infrastructure is good but maintenance is not good. Keralites are very helpful.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Indian people seem to like this beach but please, Westerners, think twice before coming. It's not like a beautiful tropical beach. It's near the busy street, a little bit separated by a busy polluted city. There are no trees, just sand, many families and waste on the beach, and nothing more. When I saw this, I wanted to cry, because I came all the way from another city.

Nobody speaks English, so Rickshaw driver couldn't even take me back to the bus station. I went to beach restaurants (not proper beach restaurants; they were local eateries) nearby to ask them translate it to the rikshaw driver, but they didn't speak English either.

In general, Kozhikode is an industrial city that's mainly a Muslim area. I really didn't see anything beautiful there, yet I didn't have a guidebook with me, and nobody spoke English so I couldn't even ask for recommendations.

Not a nice place. Also, haven't seen another tourist soul there.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Well, I had my visit at early morning. I would not tell this is the best of all beaches I have been to in South India. Its somewhere on lines of beach at Pondicherry, may be not that vast but I felt this beach very lively and you could just sit there watching the sea for hours together. People playing football. You could simply be idle and still enjoy the happenings around you. Totally hygienic and well maintained. May be I could write a review once a again if I happen to visit during evening hours.