A 3 days trip to the City with plenty of time left for recreation and a 'Spa resort'. sounded good at that time. The entrance and the lobby look very good. The welcome was very friendly with the ladies at the desk leaving no stone unturned in making us feel at home.
A 5 minute delay and the rooms were ready. Our rooms faced the river,pretty nice,I'd sit in the balcony look at the river (which barely had any activity ) and sip a drink. The room however was pretty average.
The room was spacious but not luxurious from any angle. the mini bar was empty, it had a small 30 inch Tv on the wall with a pretty sad supposed 'HD' set top box. The bathroom was clean however the shower booth wasn't completely closed which made sure a lot of water went out and flooded the bathroom floor.
the air conditioning is inadequate and thankfully there was a fan. An over-weight companion of mine sweated through the night and was in discomfort for the most part owing to the heat.
If the Room was average the room service was pathetic. Not only is the food at this hotel below average the service is sub par too. The staff is very courteous however the time they take to do anything is bound to get anyone annoyed.
I ordered perhaps 50% items from their moderately sized menu. From pasta to prawns to kingfish to dal makhani to their desserts and i can safely say that the food is un-forgettable In a bad way.
Don;t expect any authentic tastes here unless you are going for Kerala beef/mutton based recipes. the fish had a raw smell/taste. the prawns while somewhat tasty gave me an upset stomach within hours. The sambar had loads and loads of coconut in it making it inedible. the northern dishes were full of salt for some reason. meanwhile any attempt at continental dishes was futile primarily owing to the cheese they used. Was it even cheese i am not sure
All in all use room service for boiled eggs, Juices or gulab jamuns for everything else u better find a better restaurant in the area.
The TV and the Fridge also made a lot of electric sound which was particularly annoying at night when it was all very quiet. There was also a noticeably annoying hum/whistle kind of a sound which i assumed was coming from the AC Duct. on the second night of my stay i couldn't take it anymore and got up in the night to search for the source of the sound but couldn't figure it out. i am guessing it was coming from outside. thankfully i was carrying earplugs which helped a little.
You can also book a houseboat ride at the resort which i did and it was very pleasant. We ordered some beers and sat on the deck of this houseboat while we were driven around the river for an hour. didn't see much except a few species of birds here and there but all in all it's a good way to chill with your friends and have a few drinks.
The pool is forgettable unless you just want to lounge around. it's 3.5 Ft deep.
Overall the only reason i would go back to this place would be for the Boat ride and the view. And perhaps the next time i would find another place to eat at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Raviz Kadavu is a Five star deluxe property having best of all facilities and comforts. Your trip to the God’s own country shall remain incomplete without being in the Raviz Kadavu Resort. The property is 12 km from Calicut International Airport and Kozhikode Railway Station. It represents a unique blend of ancient Mappila and Hindu culture aesthetically designed with traditional architecture to make you discover a different era. This traditionally built luxurious Resort is in the midst of nature on the banks of the Chaliyar River. With flowing gentle breeze, beautiful swaying groves, graceful coconut palms and glittering river, it is truly a heaven for nature lovers. One can experience high quality room facilities during your stay here, which includes television LCD/plasma screen, internet access – wireless, air conditioning, wake-up service, desk, provided to help guests recharge after a long day. The hotel also offers fantastic facilities, including fitness center, outdoor pool, spa, massage, children's playground, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. Guests can enjoy palate pampering all day dining offerings at Keraleeyam, with a unique selection of a la carte menus as well as a buffet. Round-the-clock dining is also available in the comfort of your room. Garam, an al-fresco dining option specializes in grilled food, whereas Zirkon is a contemporary bar serving Cocktails and Mocktail creations. And nimble expert hands caressing your body and mind with centuries old Ayurveda treatment is heavenly. Its unique and languorous backdrop makes Raviz Kadavu Resort an ideal gateway into a tranquil ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Raviz Resort & Spa, Kadavu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kadavu Resort And Ayurveda Center
- Kadavu Resort & Ayurveda Hotel Kozhikode
- Kadavu Hotel Kozhikode
- Kadavu Hotel Ayurveda Center
- The Raviz Resort & Spa, Kadavu Kerala/Kozhikode, India