Niraamaya Retreats Cardamom Club - Thekkady
US$77
US$66
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmountain cottagethe cottagesspa treatmentsan unforgettable experienceperfect holidayhis teamdelicious foodamazing propertytwo nightsbeautiful placeheaven on earthresort staffgod's own countryelephant campexcellent staymanager mrrecommend this resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Super attentive staff. Very reasonably priced for what you're getting. Ideal setting in wilderness - very scenic. The best part was the trek up the hill to the border with periyar with ajin and ajesh. Their cooking classes with chef nishad were a treat as well. The chili seeds they gave us have bloomed here in London - waiting for the fruits. The manager Vinu was super good. I have run out of superlatives. A must for our next visit. It was better than any other five star hotels we visited in Kerala (mostly the taj in every place).

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BOINGU
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Though Thekaddy is become a little crowded, Niraamaya manages to stay away by being well off the main road. The last two kilometres is a dirt track and hence a bumpy, uncomfortable ride. Do bear with it: for it provides a gateway into another world. A world so dense with foliage and so obscured by the folds of forested hillsides that even a few days will recharge your batteries. The six or so cottages each have two guest rooms: cosy yet modern. I loved the little balcony from where I could hear the birds and just breathe in pure air and drink in the silence. The dining hall is in the 'main' building. I asked for local food for all three meals and was happy with the meals. I just loved the fact that you could take short excursions into the surroundings and you would be in the lap of nature everytime. Great spa attendant at the serviceable, fuss-free little spa. Great staff who are friendly without being intrusive. I would love to go back there!

Room Tip: There are only a few cottages, so none are inherently better or worse than the others; though, a lot depends on how noisy your neighbours are!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It is Small Property with Great Services, From the Arrival itself we can feel the warn service. Very nicely built cosy rooms. Perfect for Honeymoon Couples Like Me. Excellent food. I felt it like My Home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was last year my husband gave us (me, my son and my parents in law) a surprise trip to Niramaaya thekeddy. It was good 4 hours drive from kochi and we were very tired and trust me it was worth!!! Room was very clean very nice...I loved open air bathroom ( very beautiful). Our son was 6 months then, staff was so helpful and nice. Service was prompt and brilliant. Authentic food was a treat to our taste buds. Thanks to the team for making our stay memorable...would come back for sure...

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank scorp2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The property has 6 rooms so the staff can easily attend to your needs and so hospitality is at its best. Rooms are very good .
Downside is that there is nothing else except for rooms. No pool , no Jim and nothing for children to pass their time.

Its a very small property and should have been rated 2nd after Green Woods as I have stayed a year earlier in Green Woods and it had lots to offer in terms of a good hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family