“Not at all a 3 Star Property”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Thekkady
Hotel Sandra Palace
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in Thekkady
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hi All,

I was booked through my Travel Agent (Iris Holidays), where in he mentioned Sandara Palace as a 3 Start Hotel in the last week of July. To my surprise this property was no where close to a two star service standards, the hotel refused to provide hot running water in the rooms and offered hot bucket water instead. The staff at the reception and restaurant does not have smile on their face as if someone is forced them to stand. Breakfast was stale and served cold after escalating the issue to the manager we managed to get some warm food (not hot). Location of this property is not good either, it is right in the middle of Kumli Junction (Tamil Nadu and Kerela Border) so one only gets to hear buses/trucks honking and on top of it is right opposite a church so if you are not an early morning person the morning prayers at the church around 5 AM would certainly bother you. I do not recommend this hotel especially if you want to relax and if you are being charged for a 3 Star Rates for this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Delhi_Traveller_84
There are newer reviews for Hotel Sandra Palace

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I booked the rooms by a travel agent in the 3rd week of May 2013. This is a good hotel and they maintain it well. It was clean and the staffs are very cooperative. I enjoyed my stay there and wish to stay for some more days.

Room Tip: A good hotel to stay in Thekkady.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BuddyyTraveller
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Hai, I went to Thekkady for my honeymoon from Delhi. I booked my room through a travel agent , and they booked at hotel Sandra Palace in Thekkady. Absolutely outstanding experience. The rooms we booked was Deluxe but they upgrade my room to higher category with balcony at the time of check- in without any extra cost. The service was really great, the foods were very nice and delicious. The tandoor dishes were of top quality. Above all they have a very positive young team to run the show in a very professional manner. We met the manager Mr. Robin, who is basically a local guy from Thekkady provided us with all the valuable information regarding the local sight seeing places. He is leading the team from the front in a great professional manner. Thanks a lot for the un forgettable experience you guys are provided to us. I like to recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rahul2000
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Hai, myself went with my aged father, mother, and wife for a weekend trip to thekkady from Bangalore. We booked our rooms at Sandra Palace through a travel agent in Bangalore. Our first impression from outside once we reached there , was that we made a wrong choice, but once we entered the hotel they surprised us by their hospitality. It's totally different inside from what we see from outside. Truly awesome. They provided as with adjacent rooms, very neat clean and tidy. Their foods were really top-class at very reasonable rates. Above all the staffs were really very helpful, everywhere you can see a lot of smiling faces welcoming you. Hats off Mr Robin Cherian , General Manager of the hotel & the entire team for an un forgettable experience. Thank you so much, we will recommend this hotel to all who like to go to Thekkady.

Room Tip: Rooms which are facing towards the beautiful church
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sumitblore2020
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Hotel Sandra Palace is in heart of the city, in front of the beautiful church, surrounded by the spices and homemade chocolate shops and easily accessible for anyone from anywhere in Kumily.
Rooms are very neat and clean and the storage space for your luggage is you can not see anywhere else, it's huge.
Initially I was confused whether to book Home Stay or Hotel, but as I have already booked a resort outside city in Munnar and hence booked a hotel in city side in Kumily and it was a good decision.
I would like to suggest this hotel to all my family members and friends.

Smiling faces of the Hotel staff and the excellent co-operation by the manager Robin and his team for all my requests. I would say simple, neat, clean and budget hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bhupesh123
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were a group of 12 people from delhi visited kerala and stayed at hotel sandrapalace for 01 night in the first week of june. It was really a great experance for all of us from the time we checked in to the hotel till the time of check out. They have wonderful rooms which are very neat and clean, beautiful restaurant serving typical north indian foods and above all truly professional team to run the show.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms with private balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was with family in group of 18 ,The hotel is centrally located. There are many spices shops and Restaurants around the hotel. The hotel is neat and clean. The breakfast is also good. The service of the hotel is excellent. They have good Dinner Buffet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family