“A decent hotel for the price, good value for money”

Hotel Sandra Palace
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Thekkady
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at Hotel Sandra Palace, while we were in Kerala. It is an average hotel, with all the basic amenities. The rooms were spacious and clean. The furnishings were clean but average quality. The staff was polite and helpful. Their service was good but a bit slow. I am not very fussy and these things can be ignored, so I really enjoyed the hotel and the place. The location is very good, it is situated on the main road, and so it is easily accessible, which is a huge plus. The majority of the places of attractions are at a very convenient distance from the hotel which I really liked. I would definitely recommend it to people looking for decent accommodation at reasonable prices. The hotel is very basic and is a budget hotel, so the food and the service is average. If you are expecting excellent service and fancy accommodation, this might not be for you.

1  Thank eliasandres

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Hai, I am sourav from Hyderabad. I stayed at Sandra Palace for 02 nights during the month of August. The location of the hotel is excellent, very close to town and shopping areas. Rooms were also very good, clean and of bigger seize. Food was very tasty for the 02 days we eat only there. Service was excellent . Totally a very good hotel to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms facing church room no.110
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Hai all, I am Sanjay Das from Pune. I stayed at Sandra Palace in Thekkady for 02 nights. It was a great experience. They are really a professional team . The service what they are offering is really nice. The room was big, clean and safe. Foods were excellent. Truly 100% value for the money. I wish to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Deluxe room , corner one facing church
3  Thank sanjay216das
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Hi All,

I was booked through my Travel Agent (Iris Holidays), where in he mentioned Sandara Palace as a 3 Start Hotel in the last week of July. To my surprise this property was no where close to a two star service standards, the hotel refused to provide hot running water in the rooms and offered hot bucket water instead. The staff at the reception and restaurant does not have smile on their face as if someone is forced them to stand. Breakfast was stale and served cold after escalating the issue to the manager we managed to get some warm food (not hot). Location of this property is not good either, it is right in the middle of Kumli Junction (Tamil Nadu and Kerela Border) so one only gets to hear buses/trucks honking and on top of it is right opposite a church so if you are not an early morning person the morning prayers at the church around 5 AM would certainly bother you. I do not recommend this hotel especially if you want to relax and if you are being charged for a 3 Star Rates for this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Delhi_Traveller_84
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I booked the rooms by a travel agent in the 3rd week of May 2013. This is a good hotel and they maintain it well. It was clean and the staffs are very cooperative. I enjoyed my stay there and wish to stay for some more days.

Room Tip: A good hotel to stay in Thekkady.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BuddyyTraveller
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Hai, I went to Thekkady for my honeymoon from Delhi. I booked my room through a travel agent , and they booked at hotel Sandra Palace in Thekkady. Absolutely outstanding experience. The rooms we booked was Deluxe but they upgrade my room to higher category with balcony at the time of check- in without any extra cost. The service was really great, the foods were very nice and delicious. The tandoor dishes were of top quality. Above all they have a very positive young team to run the show in a very professional manner. We met the manager Mr. Robin, who is basically a local guy from Thekkady provided us with all the valuable information regarding the local sight seeing places. He is leading the team from the front in a great professional manner. Thanks a lot for the un forgettable experience you guys are provided to us. I like to recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rahul2000
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Hai, myself went with my aged father, mother, and wife for a weekend trip to thekkady from Bangalore. We booked our rooms at Sandra Palace through a travel agent in Bangalore. Our first impression from outside once we reached there , was that we made a wrong choice, but once we entered the hotel they surprised us by their hospitality. It's totally different inside from what we see from outside. Truly awesome. They provided as with adjacent rooms, very neat clean and tidy. Their foods were really top-class at very reasonable rates. Above all the staffs were really very helpful, everywhere you can see a lot of smiling faces welcoming you. Hats off Mr Robin Cherian , General Manager of the hotel & the entire team for an un forgettable experience. Thank you so much, we will recommend this hotel to all who like to go to Thekkady.

Room Tip: Rooms which are facing towards the beautiful church
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family