Jungle Park Resort
US$83
US$124
US$105
Priceline
All reviewskerala visitnice hotelview from the balconyluxurious staythe periyar tiger reservemain roadnon acbudget hotelhotel servicewalkable distancemorning breakfastbig balconydecent stayvisited thekkadytasty foodhotel is locatedrooms are clean
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Visited as a couple for some wild life experience. Jungle park resort overlooks the forest. The resort overlooks the forest and wildlife can be spotted from the balcony. Enjoyed the visit to the Periyar tiger reserve but could not sight any tigers. Could not get tickets for the forest boat ride as you need to queue up from 5 in the morning. Enjoyed the elephant ride and Ayurvedic massage. Food was local cuisine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Nicely located near the Periyar Sanctuary, just 10 minutes walk from the park. It is also near the market and many fast food restaurants. Rooms are big and spacious, and the balcony opens in the greens. Food was satisfactory and staff helpful. Good for a short stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

nice place to stay... I really liked that they had a real 3rd bed for my mother in law to sleep on and nor a roll out cot. clean and comfortable....

checking in and out was nice and service was very good.

Restaurant at hotel.....not so much...food was ok. They advertise Tandoori but never turn the oven on, so don't plan on eating that if that's what you like. The morning breakfast service was good...the dinner service...not impressed. I would go down the road to eat.

Room Tip: if its just 2...get a balcony room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is located just roadside near to main entrance of periyar sanctuary in thekkadi. Staff is co operating, good service. Food is also good. Its roadside location was a bit troublesome, bcoz difficult to get peace in daytime.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed here 2 weeks ago. Wonderful staff, English was excellent, excellent service. Rooms very large and nice. We spent a month in India and this was the nicest hotel we stayed in. Enjoyed seeing the animals from our room, herd of cows (not the free roaming ones), wild boar, deer and lots of monkeys. I would have given it 5 stars but we were very disappointed in the restaurant. Service very poor and food was not very good. I realize I am a picky eater. I ordered spaghetti and sauce .I asked if it was spicy. I did not like any spice and would prefer a bowl of plain pasta if there was any spice it it. What I got was a plate of over cooked spaghetti and what looked and tasted like was cat food. Really,small chunks of what I think was suppose to be beef or buffalo, cut into 1/2 inch squares poured over spaghetti. And it was so spicy I could not eat it. I sent it back, much to the dismay of the waiter and had no dinner. When the bill came, we had to argue over getting it taken off the bill. I hope the restaurant is not operated by the hotel. I did not go down for breakfast, after being so disappointed with dinner. My family said breakfast was just as bad. Excluding the horrible experience with the food, I would highly recommend staying here. I would rate it on the same scale as American hotels.

Room Tip: Stay away from the dining room. And request a room with a view of the reserve.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family