“It is not a resort at all” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tiger Trail Resort

Tiger Trail Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thekkady
Tiger Trail Resort
Panchkula, Haryana, India
“It is not a resort at all”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Is not a resort at all. just three cottages made behind a house in junkyard rest u imagine. They dont have any restaurant. can only provide breakfast as its complimentary. its a lodge or rest house rather than a hotel. Takes two hours to find it as no body knows about the place

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I just returned tonight from 7 days in Kerala with another couple and had to immediately write about this place. We arrived from Munnar for one night stay. First of all, it's not on the street (Thekkady Road) with the other good hotels/resorts and decent tourist atmosphere. And it's not just near the bus stand, but behind it facing broke down buses. Ok, we arrive and no one seems to know what's going on. Ten minutes later, they take us to one of the cottages. It's a really good size, very basic and budget, nice porch, a little musty. But then they say, we've only one available here and since we need two, they've another place down the road. The travel company should have mentioned two. While walking out, I asked the guy showing us around about the multi-cuisine dining area as mentioned on the site (since I didn't really see anything obvious) and he said No there is none. And when I said that the site says there's one, his reply was, Mam, I've only been here a week. Ok, yeah you don't have one, so take it off the site. Per homepage - Tiger Trails has 3 independent cottages, 4 rooms, dormitory facilities and a multi cuisine restaurant.

We go down the road to Angel's Inn, where we're like, what the hell is this? There are a bunch of people hanging out who aren't guests, clothes drying in the courtyard/driveway NOT in the back and fire ants everywhere. Totally fine if this is your village/neighbourhood/you live here, but not so fine if you're paying for vacation accommodation here. Very unprofessional looking.

At this point I'm getting really annoyed and keep asking the hotel manager, Mr Jose, what the hell was going on, why weren't there two cottages at Tiger Trails as planned. His reply was, "Madam two minutes" each time. After 15 minutes there of standing around, flicking off fire ants, not getting any answers and my driver looking more and more worried, they took us to another, even more down market hotel down the road, the Lions Club. Now, I don't know if it was the former Lions Club building, but I do know that after looking at two rooms, I wasn't staying there.

I tried my best to maintain a good attitude, but I lost it there, said Hell no, stormed back to the car and turned Delhi-nasty on the phone with the travel agency. They sounded a bit stunned but QUICKLY rebooked us at the Tree Top Hotel, which was quite nice, and which I'll review...

I personally think this mix up was on the Tiger Trails booking end and have nothing positive to say. Wasting two hours on this crap, then having lunch after the drive from Munnar, we lost whatever time we had in the afternoon to see the reserve.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Thekkady hotels