“Good for short duration”

Dream Land Homestay
and 1 more site!
Dream Land Homestay
Ranked #29 of 103 Speciality Lodging in Thekkady
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Place was nice,rooms were clean. Good for short duration. Breakfast & tea was below average. We asked for hot water twice, they provided without any hesitation. Wi-fi connection was fine.... Hotel , Bus stand was nearby... Shopping location is nice..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Sagar S
Reviewed 12 December 2013

First trip to India and this place made it complete. Had an amazing stay here: friendly people, lovely surroundings and lots to do. The homestay was very clean, homely décor and comfortable beds. Great Laundry service too. The owners were very helpful and were more than happy to recommend and organise places to visit etc. we stayed during the time of 'ONAM' and enjoyed the festival with all its importance and we had a great Onam SADHYA especially the payasam was very taste......

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank biby335
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My 3 friends and me went to Thekkady with no reserved hotel room. Our taxi driver recommended us to the Dream-Land-Homestay and going there was the best thing we could do. The family was very nice and we got 2 rooms pretty cheap. They brought us fresh fruits and on the next day the offered us best chai during our india-journey (which was at least 5 weeks ;). The rooms where clean, we also had warm water there (which is not very common in india) and nice conversations with the owners :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank GeBe2
Reviewed 18 November 2013

its an awesome place to stay,nice rooms,good food and superb hospitality... the owner Mr Varkey alias is of friendly nature ,who made our stay homely... the home was quite,calm with all resources to make tourists happy..the clean and safe environment was liked by my kids... its the best place for a home stay in Thekkady for the tourists..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank sharatvkbjp
Reviewed 15 November 2013

the dreamland cottages have been built, on concrete stilts, into the side of the slope. The balcony cottage overhangs the valley, providing a deep and uninterrupted view into the beauty of thekkady. The effect is that it feels like you're living in a tree house.

Relaxing on my balcony, I was immediately aware of nature gently working its soothing wonders on my body, which was tense from the journey. I found it easy to imagine I was the only person on earth.

Normally, I don't like to get up too early in the morning, but the host's photos of the sunrise convinced me that it was a sight to behold. I left the blinds in my cottage open, and woke up to a sky stained with hues of deep red and orange. This gradually gave way to yellow, as the sun began peaking above the horizon. Soon, the whole valley was illuminated in its warm glow.

There was such an incredible feeling of stillness. I sat on my balcony, with piping hot coffee from the home, and immersed myself in the morning's energy.

The cottages are priced at a reasonable rate compared to other home stays including breakfast.

With the exception of afternoon snacks, all meals are served in the hosts' home. I feasted on an appetizing variety of traditional Kerala cuisine, which is quite mild and coconut based. As to be expected on a coffee estate, there was no shortage of fine filtered coffee.

In addition, the hosts surprised me with a number of tasty treats. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a sweet welcome drink made out of coconut milk. In the evening, I relaxed with a glass or two of fruit wine, made on the estate from homegrown champa fruit.

A really appealing thing about dreamland home stay is the hosts' organic fruit and vegetable garden.I was delighted to be able to sample fresh guava, limes, and other fruit picked straight from the trees.

According to the host, birds love to eat the fruit that's growing on the estate, leaving only around 25% of the crop. I can see why. It's so succulent.

It's possible to watch the food being prepared, and even participate in the cooking process. I find that it's easiest to learn Indian cooking through observation, making this a rare opportunity to uncover a few secrets.

i visited thekkady in the mid of july.it was a awesome trip with a memorable homestay.special thanks to dreamland homestay.appam and egg curry is the special breakfast of the homestay.the care of the people is another remarkable thing.i personally suggest dream land home stay as the rates r reasonably cheap and the home stay is excellent

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank abin3091
dreamland434, Manager at Dream Land Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013