Peaceful setting with lovely gardens to walk in. The rooms were a decent size with comfortable beds and lovely decor although we'd have liked a door on the shower as the water went everywhere when we used it! The staff were friendly and competent, particularly the reception personnel. We enjoyed the food at the restaurant but found the service to be occasionally slower than we'd have liked. Christmas dinner is wandering around the gardens too, so if you're staying here then you can look forward to cardamom flavoured turkey for lunch! Our only real negative is that there are a lot of quite uneven steps in this hotel which may be a problem for the less able. Overall though we enjoyed our stay at the Shalimar and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bridge to Shalimar, over a mountain stream meandering through the resort, transcends you to another world, seemingly untouched by man. Shalimar Spice Garden is a celebration of scents and colours. Pepper vines snake through your room balconies, butterflies dance to the sound of silence and orchids smile into your windows every morning. This Sublime Journey through waterfalls, tea estates, spice & vegetable plantations, and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary only enhances the invitation to live the Shalimar experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Spice Garden Hotel Kumily
- Shalimar Spice Garden Thekkady
- Shalimar Spice Garden - An Amritara Private Hideaway Thekkady, Kerala, India