Landed here after long drive from Munnar and what a blessing! Check in was a bit slow but may have been due to several guests arriving simultaneously. Rooms are bungalows, individual houses with ample room to spread out. Pool has unchlorinated water that was cool, so refreshing in the heat. Walking distance to shops. Hotel offers cooking classes, nature hikes, dance show and lovely live music at dinner with the ( don't know how to spell it ) Veena, classical Indian music.
Food was terrific with eager to serve staff.
A must stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala, India