The day we came, we were for a surprise... our room was upgraded...but to a honeymoon cottage. This was away from the main block of cottages and in isolation. the entry was into the first floor of duplex. Then through a spiral staircase, you are taken to the bedroom....No door on the ground floor!!! Wife felt claustrophobic and we requested the manager to set us mattress on the first floor...the living room. This is a brilliant setting for newlyweds but a strict no no for families with small kids. Anyways the morning view was amazing, the cottage being in the middle of tea plantation. The next afternoon we were shifted to a single floor cottage which was very well laid. The food was outstanding...i still cherish the Kadala masala...the reason being hand picked spices being used in every dish. The guest relation official, Mr Manoj was very cordial and helpful...and his fluent Hindi and English was a refreshing change in an otherwise challenging tryst with language in our Kerala trip. The only flipside is that it is approx 26 kms away from the Periyar Reserve, the main attraction in Thekkady but it more than makes up in terms of plantation and nature trail. Overall a very good experience!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55 acres of lush green spice-plantation with lots of activities for all age groups. You can have the feel of luxury tree houses or cave-room. Unmatchable ambiance and top-notch hospitality . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Carmelia Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmelia Haven Thekkady, Kerala, India
- Carmelia Haven Hotel Thekkady